Yamaha CR2040 display lights

teng22605

I ordered the light set to replace all the panel lights for my Yamaha CR2040 receiver and installed the meter lights without issue. They work fine. Its the light bar that lights up the stations that's the issue. These 4 lights are soldered in versus the push in (turn and lock) replacement bulbs that came with the kit. Perhaps thats the way Yamaha installed them in earlier models? Or I'm thinking I might have had it repaired once before (I don't remember) and maybe the technician installed new lights this way. Any suggestions to replace these? Perhaps just remove the soldered in bulbs and re-solder in new bulbs (similar to the ones for the meters) and not the turn and lock bulbs.

I ordered the light set to replace all the panel lights for my Yamaha CR2040 receiver and installed the meter lights without issue. They work fine. Its the light bar that lights up the stations that's the issue. These 4 lights are soldered in versus the push in (turn and lock) replacement bulbs that came with the kit. Perhaps thats the way Yamaha installed them in earlier models? Or I'm thinking I might have had it repaired once before (I don't remember) and maybe the technician installed new lights this way. Any suggestions to replace these? Perhaps just remove the soldered in bulbs and re-solder in new bulbs (similar to the ones for the meters) and not the turn and lock bulbs.

Just unsolder the old lamps.Clean off excess solder so the pad is relatively smooth.(a little solderwik) Then clean all the lamp contact areas real good with alcohol and a old toothbrush(solderflux makes a good insulator) Then use the twist plug lamps. Some one had changed the lamps in the past.Twist plugs are OEM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom