TubeDAC-11 ASIO USB Driver

A heads up, when selecting 24 Bit in the GF-Yulong ASIO Driver it upsamples any lower bit/sample rates to 24/96 for passing to the TubeDAC-11.

At first I kind of thought that sucks, but actually it is a feature, because you can keep the driver app window open and select 44/16 for bit perfect redbook :)

I've added this info update to the first post.

Cheers,
Ian

I decided to give this a try today (while riding out hurricane "Sandy"). I use foobar and think it's sounds great with the Grant driver.

As I was trying to install, I received the following message:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I went onto foobar website and found the ASIO support component. They offer this interesting bit of information:

"Please note that this component is meant for systems where ASIO is the only available output method. It is highly recommended to use the default output modes instead of ASIO. Contrary to popular "audiophile" claims, there are NO benefits from using ASIO as far as music playback quality is concerned, while bugs in ASIO drivers may severely degrade the performance."

I think I'll stay with what I've been using.

Excuse me for my stupidity but is the Asio program useful if I'm coming out of my router to a Touch into the DAC 11? I play files off my hard drive. I use Logitech Music Server.

Excuse me for my stupidity but is the Asio program useful if I'm coming out of my router to a Touch into the DAC 11? I play files off my hard drive. I use Logitech Music Server.

2String, ASIO is not required using LMS. LMS already handles 24 Bit file transfers natively.

Thanks, I don't know a whole lot about servers and computers and all that. All I know is the DAC 11 sounds great to me. Are there setting in Logitech that I should be aware of to improve what I all ready have?

Hi all - resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone have the driver file and manual that I can download? The Grant Fidelity site is all dead links. THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom