cr-440 powers up... no sound

It's working!

A follow up on this receiver:

After the STKs didn't solve the problem, I de-soldered a lot of the components from the amp board, to make room for a possible retrofit of a class D amp. While searching around for a proper amp, I found a source for a couple of IG02990 modules (Chinese source, advertised as new, $5 each), so I purchased those.

It took me along time to put the parts back in that I removed (new electrolytics, new diodes), as I wanted to make sure everything was in there correctly.

Well, last night I soldered in the new IG02990 modules, powered it on, and...

SUCCESS!!! Probably more luck than talent, as the only piece of diagnostic gear I have is a cheap digital multimeter (and the service manual).

It sounds decent for a fairly low end model. I still need to check the headphone output, and the AUX and phono inputs, but the rest of the controls are functioning. The tuner probably needs adjusting, as stations tune in a little off from their assigned frequencies.

I do have one question:
One the panel lamps is burned out. The manual specifies 14.5V 85mA lamps.
Does anyone know of a source for these, or can I can substitute a different rating of lamps? How about LEDs, does anyone know of a substitute LED lamp that will work in this receiver?

Thanks for any help on this.

Back
Top Bottom