cr-820 relay switch or power supply problem

I measured the diode between tr808 and the fuse and I got anode 0 and cathode 26.
The other diode it could be is the one to the right of tr808 and left of very large cap.
On that one I got 0 on both sides.
Thanks for your help

Make sense... Still need some info.
Need you to post a photo of the same area on your unit, thats in the photo I posted.
I have also marked the location of D805. The black one with a bluish band. Which you will need to diode check it, out of circuit.

Attachments

• CR-820 12v issue.jpg
    CR-820 12v issue.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 25
I measured the diode between tr808 and the fuse and I got anode 0 and cathode 26.
The other diode it could be is the one to the right of tr808 and left of very large cap.
On that one I got 0 on both sides.
Thanks for your help

zener diode D804

The other diode it could be is the one to the right of tr808
zener diode D806

D804 is in a different regulator circuit.

D806 is in the problem area. I don't think this is the problem at this time. Correct reading should have been around 13-14 volts on the cathode and zero on the anode which is connected to chassis ground.
Right now I'm thinking the problem is actually a little further upstream.

Last edited:
for the sake of not checking things the wrong way what does it mean to check the diode of of circuit.
thanks

for the sake of not checking things the wrong way what does it mean to check the diode of of circuit.
thanks

For diodes-- just lift one leg. Doesn't matter which one.Just need to isolate the diode from the rest of the circuit.

here's the picture

should be close to the part of the board you wanted a picture of.

Attachments

• 2014-10-15 14.44.02_resized.jpg
    2014-10-15 14.44.02_resized.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
OK .. If the diode D805 checks good. Reinstall and measure the voltage on both ends. Should be AC voltage on one end and DC voltage on the other(around 20 volts on the DC side).

relay

I think it's the relay and would like to either replace, repair, or circumvent.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom