Central Fest - Chicago area - Sat. August 27th

I had hope to meet Ken (Urizen) but maybe he came after I left?

I think we met. It's hard to remember all of the folks without name tags.

looks as though all but one person (the guy with a southern accent wearing a purple T-shirt) has been identified.

That would be me...Ken, the unofficial corn-shucker. Thanks for the hospitality! Your speakers are amazing. I've never heard such tuneful bass from stats.

Thanks again Brian. If nobody minds, i wanted to share a couple of the pics I took yesterday... (and if you do, let me know and I will remove em. :) )

Great weather, you could not ask for a better day. Food was great, location was shady and company was friendly.
OUtside.jpg

man, there were just so many people to meet. who is sitting next to me on my left? (I'm the guy sitting down in the blue shirt with my back to the camera)

I spent a lot of time speaking with him and.. Roger? I think they work together. music direct maybe?

speaking of people who work in the industry. I know there were some cable makers, record sellers, retail owners in attendance. is there a tactful way of finding out who works where? I know the goal was not to promote individual businesses, but I like to support the local scene if I can. I already know I have to make a trip to Van L Speakerworks at some point for a good listen. :yes:

That's Bill Eisen on your left talking with his hands. :D Bill makes cables, Creative Cable Concepts, which I sell and use. Roger works for MD. Outside of Bill, Roger, and me, most everybody else was "just" an enthusiast, although others from the Dark Side were invited; it just worked out that way.

Incidentally, did anyone leave a cooler behind on Saturday? If you did, please call me and describe it. 773-809-4434

Back
Top Bottom