CENTRL TEXAS: The Next MusicFest at Ranch de Kris

House de Kris

Loud-n-Deep
CENTRAL TEXAS: The Next MusicFest at Ranch de Kris

The current plan is to have musicfests at Ranch de Kris every two to four weeks, until the weather gets too cool. Instead of clogging up this forum with many threads on these events, I'll just write this one, and update it as needed to reflect the current upcoming event.

I've been in Texas for one year now, so it is time for a party to celebrate this. This is not a MusicFest as previously outlined, but more of just a get together. You are free to share music, or just to show up. The details:

DATE: 11/5/11 (Saturday)
TIME: 7:00PM (gate opens at 5:30PM)
PLACE: PM me for details
MUSIC: Modern electronics (ambient dub, trip-hop, arabica, drum-n-bass)
SYSTEM: most likely this one
COVER: Free to all AK members and their guests

I'll be spinning the tunes, or if anyone else wants to DJ that's fine. BYOB with some beverages supplied.

Keep watching this thread for up-to-date information. If it rains, this event will be canceled. PM me with your email address to get on the mailing list, which only announces upcoming events. Addresses will not be sold or shared.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome Kris! I'm at the CEDIA trade show that weekend, but I'll try and get out for the next one. Should be a blast

As of now, this event has been canceled. The central Texas wildfires are huge. I have evacuatedand will know later if Ranch de Kris still exists. Check back later to find out if this event is a go.

Rotza Ruck. This is some bad stuff. I have a lot of friends who are on the cusp.
Hope your house (and the Bus) is alright.

Just moved from Sipcewood and now I hear its burning. Hope everything turns out OK, stay safe.

Thought I remembered seeing that you lived out that way. Hope everything turns out OK for you but at least you're safe.

Hopefully they can begin to get some containment today.

Alan

Look to the first post in this thread for the current event information. Here is a repost of the previous event:

DATE: 9/10/11 (Saturday)
TIME: 8:00PM (gates open at 6PM)
PLACE: PM me for detailed information
SYSTEM: details here
GENRE: All genres welcome
METHOD: All participants can share their tunes

This is how it works, bring your tunes and share them with the others that show up, I supply the players. Simple, huh? You be the judge as to what would be good to share. Formats supported are regular CDs, or WAV files (or MP3 files) on USB hard drives, USB flash drives, or flash cards (like SD, MS, CF).

Keep watching this thread for up-to-date information. If it rains, this event will be canceled (but, when was the last time it rained?). As time progresses, the system will improve as I drag more gear out of the storage unit. PM me with your email address to get on the mailing list, which only announces upcoming events. Addresses will not be sold or shared.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Ranch de Kris, and you are a FaceBook user, just type "Ranch de Kris" into FB search for a page on Ranch de Kris. Pictures and maps included.

Currently planning on seeing Bob Log III tomorrow night at the Mohawk. If that doesn't work out, I may find myself heading out to the Ranch for some musical show and tell.

Don't worry Rome, more events are planned. Like 11/5, keep your calender clear. Details will be posted in the first post of this thread when they become available.

Look to the first post in this thread for the current event information. Here is a repost of the previous event:

DATE: 10/15/11 (Saturday)
TIME: 7:00PM (gates open at 5:30PM)
PLACE: PM me for detailed information
SYSTEM: details here
GENRE: All genres welcome
METHOD: All participants can share their tunes

This is how it works, bring your tunes and share them with the others that show up, I supply the players. Simple, huh? You be the judge as to what would be good to share. Formats supported are regular CDs, or WAV files (or MP3 files) on USB hard drives, USB flash drives, or flash cards (like SD, MS, CF).

The wildfires have died down a bit, and it is time to enjoy music once again. Ranch de Kris survived this round of wildfires, and would like to celebrate a bit. The previous announcement has been moved to further down in this thread. Check back to this thread and the opening post for the latest event.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Ranch de Kris, and you are a FaceBook user, just type "Ranch de Kris" into FB search for a page on Ranch de Kris. Pictures and maps included.

I gave your spot a "like" on FB. Perhaps someday I'll get there. My thing is at FB search for "USDJServices"

Keep up the good work!

Best,

Paul

Back
Top Bottom