CR-1020 protection board removal

audiobiker

Learning...
i know this may be a stupid question. But how do you get to the bottom of the protect board that is in the front left corner? I haven't had time to work on this yet until another week and a half but I want to order any parts I might need. The relay never clicks on. Anyone ever take it out before? Thanks in advance.

I just did some more fiddling. There is a very high pitched hum that seems to be coming from the tuner section as it will only go away when I press the fm muting button. It is not affected by the volume knob until it gets to 7 then it starts to get really loud. Any ideas about what might be wrong? From what I have found it could be the fusistors on the protect board.

Not exactly sure where your hum is coming from... but to remove the board:

two screws on the board itself to be removed, snip any wire ties that are restraining the wires. You may need to remove the two blue wires on the left side - makes it lots easier. Once the screws are out and there is enough play in the wires, the board should pull off the vertical board that it is attached to - white plug in the middle. Just work it off slowly, and you should be able to tip it up onto it's right side to work on it.

I have one apart myself at the moment and am ordering parts - do you want my list? It's a full electrolytic cap list. There are also a few fusistors to change....

If you're doing a full re-cap, the tone boards are easiest if you remove each daughter board and do them outside the receiver. The "mother" board is way too much work to get out... I didn't even try - there are only a couple caps on it, and the daughter boards come off pretty easy.

I actually had someone work on it but all he did was replace the caps on the protect board. Although if you could PM me the list I might recap it in the future. Right now I just want it to work :D thanks sooo much for telling me how to get the board off! I thought that white piece was soldered to both boards :scratch2: I have the board off and am troubleshooting the problem :yes:

There is a very high pitched hum that seems to be coming from the tuner section as it will only go away when I press the fm muting button
Florescent lights,dimmer switches or other electronic interference?

Here's my CR-1020 capacitor list... I've got some dimensions listed - but apparently forgot to measure the rest. Most of the ones that do not have dimensions listed should have room for pretty much any new part - the amp board ones would be the only tight ones. The protection board is a little cramped - so don't go over the listed mm if you can help it.
*note the "amp board" list needs to be doubled, there are two boards.

Attachments

• CR 1020 Capacitor list.pdf
    217.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Here's my CR-1020 capacitor list... I've got some dimensions listed - but apparently forgot to measure the rest. Most of the ones that do not have dimensions listed should have room for pretty much any new part - the amp board ones would be the only tight ones. The protection board is a little cramped - so don't go over the listed mm if you can help it.
*note the "amp board" list needs to be doubled, there are two boards.

Thanks! That will be very useful when i recap :yes: :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom