Yamaha CA-610

The Fez

I've been meaning to get these up for a while now...Here's a few of the refurbished CA-610 integrated. Same veneers as the 710 I posted up a little while ago...the Rock Maple.

The vent has been painted..bright red. Now, this may be considered sacrilege..:nono: as indeed would re-veneering, in real timber..But I thought I'd see how it looks. I dunno really, might want to change it back.

Attachments

• DSCN5442.jpg
    DSCN5442.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN4844.jpg
    DSCN4844.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN5426.jpg
    DSCN5426.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN5428.jpg
    DSCN5428.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 79
...Yeah its not a bad amp this one. This one is actually the amp that got me back into Yamaha and it started my amplifier collection. So its special in that sense.

I've been meaning to get these up for a while now...Here's a few of the refurbished CA-610 integrated. Same veneers as the 710 I posted up a little while ago...the Rock Maple.

The vent has been painted..bright red. Now, this may be considered sacrilege..:nono: as indeed would re-veneering, in real timber..But I thought I'd see how it looks. I dunno really, might want to change it back.

I bought a CA-610 new in 1978, sold it in 1981 for travel bug reasons then bought another one secondhand of course in 2007. Love them. Pushing it through a pair of Cerwin Vega floorstanders at the moment.

Its a beautiful thing. I always liked the understated elegance of Yamaha equipment of that era.

I have one stashed in the garage. Haven't had it out of the box in a while. The grill's silver originally, isn't it?

FWIW: We didn't get the CA-610 in the US; only the similar but not identical CA-610II.

P1020541.jpg

I bought a CA-610 new in 1978, sold it in 1981 for travel bug reasons then bought another one secondhand of course in 2007. Love them. Pushing it through a pair of Cerwin Vega floorstanders at the moment.
I bought a CA-610 new with matching tuner in 1978 as well, but for the life of me cannot remember how much I paid. I have to replace the amp now and am trying to compare newer Yamaha amps. Do you have any idea how much you paid for yours in 1978, or even what you sold it for in 1981?

Back
Top Bottom