CR-2020 18 000uF 71v replacements

elektronror

I am thinking of replacing them but i have not found any that fits. I have searched in the forum for a replacement one but either i'm blind or no one has ever change them.

Anyone know a good drop in replacement?

3 of the "lugs" need to be snapped off. Just make sure you snap off the correct ones otherwise the caps will sit too high under the relay board (it'll still work OK, but may as well get it done right the first time) Also I think I had to file off a little of the bottom of the snap in pins to get the cap flush with the electrolytics board, but it was a nice fit when all was said and done.

That capacitor looks great! Not even expensive. Only problem is the shipping (costs the same as the actual items) but if i find someone that will order from them i will order a pair. Thanks guys!

I guess those would fit but they don't seem to be as high quality as the other. Besides, my CR-2020 sounds wonderful as it is so i'm in no hurry. :D

You'd have to eliminate the hold down bracket, and somehow adapt the screw terminals to work with the board....I'd rather pay the shipping If it were me:)

You'd have to eliminate the hold down bracket, and somehow adapt the screw terminals to work with the board....I'd rather pay the shipping If it were me:)

No you wouldn't.Just a slight modification to the bracket is required. Attach pigtails to the screw terminals and solder them to the appropriate points on the PCB.
Would need to cut the folded part of the bracket off for anything longer than 92mm. See photo-----

Attachments

• DSC03919.JPG
    DSC03919.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I guess those would fit but they don't seem to be as high quality as the other. Besides, my CR-2020 sounds wonderful as it is so i'm in no hurry. :D

Samwha are high quality caps. Original OEM caps in Soundcraftsmen MA5002 and A5002 amplifiers are Samwha.

Last edited:
Decided to try these. EKMH800VQT183MB80T

Did need some support since they're only 40mm but that's an easy thing to solve.

Didn't sound too good in the beginning since i lost some bass but now after 10 hours the bass is back and just as before. Well worth the money since i won't have to worry about any leaks.

Back
Top Bottom