Seattle DIY Meet August 27th

TerryO

I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island.

I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may be an incentive to get it done in time to display it at the meet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Good to get some advance notice, maybe even enough to start something now and have it ready for the event.

Should be able to finish the narrow/tall TV speakers I'm work on. Maybe Sir Byrd will have the F 5 ready to show.

I should have the F5 with all cosmetic work done and the 4Pi/2226H speakers to show.
I will have to start mentally preparing to haul 300 pounds of gear to this show...

I should have the F5 with all cosmetic work done and the 4Pi/2226H speakers to show.
I will have to start mentally preparing to haul 300 pounds of gear to this show...

Will,
Are you still willing to also demo your speakers at the Club's regular meeting in July? We will be discussing high effeciency speakers and your's would certainly be an excellent example. I'm not sure if I might have sent a confusing message, as these are actually two different events. If it comes down to it, I would be willing to help pack them for you.

Best Regards,
Terry

I will talk to my friend.
We still need to play with the amount of fill to get some decent bass out of them without EQ.

I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island.

I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may be an incentive to get it done in time to display it at the meet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Is there a time for the meet? I just moved to Seattle and would love to come to that and to a regularly-scheduled meeting. Is there a meeting in June?

I am really excited to say that right now it is looking like I will be able to make it. I will be bringing out my DIY three tonearmed hydraulic reference turntable and (hopefully) my garrard 401 in a custom diy plinth. if anyone needs a ride from the fremont/seattle area I have a small hatchback and can haul gear or rears.

t34.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, folks,

It's been a little quiet here, I hope that means everyone's been busy with their projects.
:nono:

I'm going to kick this into gear and we'll be adding additional information and getting the word out from now on. The event will have the doors opening at around 9:30 AM. Early birds will be drafted to help set up...after all this is a DIY event!

Best Regards,
Terry

I just realized that I haven't included an address for the location of the meet.

The DIY Meet will be held in the basement of the Church and is accessed from the lower parking lot. It's not too hard to find it. The meeting will officially start at 9:30 am. BTW: It's free to the public.

Here's the address:

Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

Best Regards,
Terry

Just a reminder that the meet is in 16 days! Just a bit over two weeks left to finish your project(s) in time.

I guess I should be taking my own advice, so I'd better get going. :nono:

Best Regards,
Terry

Another reminder. The DIY Meet is 2 weeks from today!
If you intend to bring stand mounted speakers you may want to bring the stands as well, although we may be able to cobble something together at the meet, however it may be less than optimal.

If you're planning on attending and especially if you will be bringing something, if you would raise your hand and let me know what your project(s) consists of, it would be appreciated and will make planning a little less hectic.

Hope you can make it!

Best Regards,
Terry

I'll be there, but have little to share except a Roger Gomez NP-100v12 hybrid headphone amp (which still has a tad of power supply noise). Working on a home-etched VSPS (budget build, including RS transformer) that could be finished, but that isn't so exciting.

Do you need any volunteers for setting up, etc.? Maybe I could be helpful in that regard!

I'll be there, but have little to share except a Roger Gomez NP-100v12 hybrid headphone amp (which still has a tad of power supply noise). Working on a home-etched VSPS (budget build, including RS transformer) that could be finished, but that isn't so exciting.

Do you need any volunteers for setting up, etc.? Maybe I could be helpful in that regard!

It would be great to have you bring your projects. Nobody should be reluctant to bring their gear, mine is always the worst looking at any meet. I've been challenged many times, but nobody and I mean absolutely nobody has "ever" come close yet!

I AM THE KING!!!

Oh-Oh, my wife just informed me that I need to take my meds, but if you'd like to help set up, I certainly wouldn't turn you down and besides you'd get your choice of where your gear would be displayed!
:thmbsp:

Edit: Tommy, you might want to bring a pair of "cans" for the HP Amp, they don't necessarily have to be your best ones either, but that would allow people to listen to the amp.

Best Regards,
Terry

Last edited:
ok i have a couple of questions, first I would like to bring my turntable , should I also bring all the related gear to listen to it or will other have amplifiers/preamps etc? this is my first event so I am not sure how this works. also I will only be able to attend for a couple of hours is bringing gear then having to leave early frowned apon? either way I will be attending , I wish I could have really finished up the turntable but time has been an issue for me, it may be a little ugly but I would love to bring it out and get others opinions, thank you for doing this Terry!
t3t.jpg

ok i have a couple of questions, first I would like to bring my turntable , should I also bring all the related gear to listen to it or will other have amplifiers/preamps etc? this is my first event so I am not sure how this works. also I will only be able to attend for a couple of hours is bringing gear then having to leave early frowned apon? either way I will be attending , I wish I could have really finished up the turntable but time has been an issue for me, it may be a little ugly but I would love to bring it out and get others opinions, thank you for doing this Terry!
t3t.jpg

I think the World is certainly a lot better off without me calling the shots. If you can only make it for a limited time, that's still better than not attending at all!
:thmbsp:

I'll bring a preamp, amp and a phonostage just in case, but it's even better if people have their Super-Duper creations there to try out instead of just my rather mundane gear. If you could, you may want to bring a couple of specially selected LPs to demo your TT with. That will insure that your TT is shown to it's full potential!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Back
Top Bottom