Infinity trove found

Yikes!!!!!!! OMG!!!! What a collection, all seem in excellent cond. Must be killing him to part with them.

Last edited:
I was sent the same picture when I was looking for the Quantum 1's.

He claimed to be in Texas and only dealt local.....he contacted me through Canuk Audio Mart
He said his friend saw my add wanting to buy them so he contacted me claiming to have 2 sets. He was registered for only that day at the time. This was a month ago.
Careful. Hopefully its real.

Wow! If I had those in my den I would probably never leave the house! Well if I didn't have to work and all....

As someone who has wanted to move up to big league Infinity speakers, the incessant "local pickup only" caveat is driving me crazy. Weary of seeing it.

That does appear to be quite a collection, although TeslaPower's post sets off some warning bells. SOMEONE had that collection in one room when the picture was taken, even if the seller is fraudulent. Nice collection to have! Several are marked "sold" or "no longer available", and the "local pick-up only" both add a little bit of credence to the possibility that it is a legitimate seller.

Anyone local to the seller with a few spare bucks in pocket could to worse than to check it out. Take along a big scary friend or two, though, just in case.

He is most definitely legit!..

I was going to import the QLS1,s here to Aus ..but it proved far to much trouble for him at his end in the US..

Attachments

• DSC_1575w.jpg
    DSC_1575w.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 318
  • Kappa-9_1w.jpg
    Kappa-9_1w.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 306
He is most definitely legit!..

I was going to import the QLS1,s here to Aus ..but it proved far to much trouble for him at his end in the US..

Hey, those are the Dr Michael Alan Marks modified RS-1As. They have the 6 Monsoon planar mids, instead of the standard RS-1As, with 7 Emims.

attachment.php

Plus, it looks like the Kappa 9s have new dome mids too!

attachment.php

Still, a nice collection to have! I wouldn't complain! :banana:

Last edited:
I will be going over to the seller's location to audition a few of them. I have no intention of purchasing any of them and the seller is aware of this, but I just wanted to see/hear some RS 4.5's while I have the chance.

I will be going over to the seller's location to audition a few of them. I have no intention of purchasing any of them and the seller is aware of this, but I just wanted to see/hear some RS 4.5's while I have the chance.

Please report back with your findings!!!

Lot's of gear and speakers to compare. Krell amps and Adcom amps, with multiple Infinity speakers. That sounds like it'll be fun! And if you can compare an Emim mid to the Monsoon panel, I'd love to hear your impressions on how the two designs sound!?! :yes: :music:

Oh yes, almost forgot! The pictures show a pair of RS-2s, but they're not listed for sale? I wonder why? Are they Keepers?

Last edited:
Well, I went over to the seller's house yesterday evening and my head is still spinning from all of the awesome audio gear he has. Regarding his vintage Infinity speaker collection...seeing that many high-end Infinities at one time was almost too much for my brain to process. The phrase "I have been to the mountain top...and it was good" comes to mind.

The only pair he auditioned for me were the RS 4.5's, as that was what I had requested in advance. Powered with the Adcom mono-blocks, they did not disappoint and were nicely balanced with various types of music and had a clean natural mid and upper range without being bright or too forward like some other west coast brands can be. Oddly enough, the bass while solid, did not "kick me in the chest" as I had somewhat expected and the seller did mention that he feels they can benefit from a sub.

As I do not have a smartphone, I did not get any photos while there. However, I have attached a pic that he emailed me of the RS 4.5's prior to my appointment (hope it is viewable).

So far, he has sold the RS 2.5's and Kappa 9's, but still has 2 pair of QLS-1's, the RS 4.5's, RS IIA's (in black), Quantum 3's, Qb's, Modulus Sub/Sat 3-piece and the RS-1A's with the monsoon modified mids. He also has a set of Acoustats and various other bookshelf type speakers (B&W, Design Acoustics, etc.)

When I return, he promises to demo the Quantum 3's and the RS-1A's, which he stated are truly amazing. If the RS-1A's do indeed sound better than the RS 4.5's...I'm in for a real sonic treat.

Attachments

• RS 4.5 III.jpg
    RS 4.5 III.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
Update...

As it turns out, a fellow Aker and myself made a return trip to the seller's house to audition the Infinity RS-1's, as he recently acquired a set of Acoustat 6's and will be taking the RS-1's offline to make room. We listened to a variety of mostly Jazz, some Classic Rock and a little Big Band era stuff through the RS-1's. He is driving them with Adcom 565 monoblocks and has a set of Def-Tech 15" subs running under 150 Hz just for good measure.

What do they sound like you ask? Nothing short of amazing. At any listening level, these babies are truly awesome. The separation and clarity of this system is something else and we both were utterly impressed with how nice these Infinities sounded.

If only I had the funds to purchase his Kappa 9's...that would be sweet. Oh well, I will just have to enjoy my Quantum 3's for now.

Why would you expect a woofer to punch you in the chest when the actual insturment can't create those sound presurre levels? were not talking boom boxes and wall shakers and very little music even gets below 20hz. Al

Why would you expect a woofer to punch you in the chest when the actual insturment can't create those sound presurre levels? were not talking boom boxes and wall shakers and very little music even gets below 20hz. Al

Except for kick drums, kettle drums, pipe organs... I don't consider a system "full range" unless it reaches deep into the teens.

Back
Top Bottom