Best Place To Buy An MC7270?

beatboy77

I am currently looking to purchase an MC7270. Since this is an older amp, what are some of the better places to buy from?

Do these amps tend to be quite reliable and not too many issues as they age or do they need lots of maintenance?

I am currently looking to purchase an MC7270. Since this is an older amp, what are some of the better places to buy from?

Do these amps tend to be quite reliable and not too many issues as they age or do they need lots of maintenance?

AudioClassics! The best choice for vintage gear. Technicians on site repairing/restoring vintage Mc gear every day. The only place that repairs/retores the Mc-3500 & MI-200 amplifiers:thmbsp:

You will certainly pay a premium purchasing via AudioClassics; however, I've heard nothing but good things about them. They are considered the premier dealer of vintage McIntosh gear and I've never heard of someone having a bad experience.

If you're willing to take a little more risk, the regular used gear sales can come cheaper. Just be sure the seller knows how to properly ship the item! When I purchased my MC452 from a private seller, we agreed to have LMC, another well-known authorized McIntosh dealer, handle the shipping so that it would be done correctly. These amps are not light-weight and replacing shattered glass can be quite expensive.

I second Audio Classics. I have dealt with them off and on for many years, and they always stand behind what they sell you. My 7270 is from Audio Classics. It is in great shape, and measures in spec.

This place also seems to have a good reputation.

http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

Terry De Wick checks out the gear before it goes on sale, so whatever you buy should be good to go.

Audioclassics restores their gear to full spec or better and backs their work. Why buy something a little cheaper and then need to have restoration done, you end up spending the same if not more $$$ to gain the same result.

Easy. Audio Classics. Sure, you can find one on an auction site, maybe cheaper. Maybe as promised. Maybe it'll arrive in one piece. Lots of maybes. Write the check, make some friends, and get what you want with a company that stands behind their product.

I just bought an expensive used Mac component from the AudioClassics and their grading was too conservative. The unit was in pretty much mint, factory-fresh condition, in original packaging, without nary a fingerprint on it. If I didn't know it was not new, I would've thought it was never opened.
I haven't bought anything from the http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/ , but I've communicated with the proprietor Mr.Manley via email, and his response was extremely prompt and courteous.

I would put Tom Manley in the same category as I would AudioClassics. Tom's gear he sells is after all, equally well backed and graded conservatively as well. And all mcintoshaudio.com gear is evaulated and serviced by Terry DeWick. Both are highly recommended without reservation by many here. Myself included.

I've only purchased parts from Audioclassics and McIntoshAudio.com, but both have been extra helpful. Andy at Audioclassics and Tom Manley at McIntoshAudio.com both showed extremely good customer service.

Unless you're willing to work on your own equipment or you know the provenance of the equipment, I think it makes absolutely no sense to buy from anyone else.

Another big thumbs up for AudioClassics. They are presently repairing my MX-132. I have purchased McIntosh remotes and glass from them in the past.

Back
Top Bottom