ProAc Response D30R Speakers with McIntosh MA7900

samurai7595

This is my first post on this McIntosh forum and I had an initial question (probably many more to come).

Back in 1988, I had heard my first McIntosh 2-channel audio system and absolutely loved it but back then, I couldn't afford it. I was taken by the McIntosh sound and also loved the look and built quality of the McIntosh gear.

Over the years, I have built a pretty good audio system but a few months ago, I had the chance to audition a very simple McIntosh audio system and it brought me back to that day in 1988.

So now I'm thinking of selling off my current system and start building a McIntosh system that will hopefully take me to my retirement years (I'm 52 now).

The new system will be a simple, easy to use system that sounds great and that will work well in my current listening room (12' x 14') but that will also work well in a smallish condo, once we decide to downgrade and sell off the house.

As a start, I'm looking at the McIntosh MA7900 integrated amplifier with built-in DAC. My current speakers are the ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers which I love and would like to keep (for now).

Would the McIntosh MA7900 integrated amp be a good match for my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers?

http://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/html_files/Speakers.php?Range=Response&Speaker=ResponseD30

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I'm not familiar with the speakers, but the sensitivity is 89dB. The 7900 provides 200wpc, so the speakers should be plenty loud for the room specified.

Back
Top Bottom