Klipsch Heresy 1, 2 or 3?

vinylndunks

suisanhayamaticrealis
Looking to get these, undecided on which to one to go with. If anybody has any experience with all 3 it would be much appreciated.

H3 is hands down the very best balanced Heresy to date. Had a set of Heresy of the last version built only weeks prior to H2 release and listened to H2 as well have two sets of H3. Did a lot of cabinet work on both sets of H3 and many more mods so mine now are very far from stock, still worth the extra money especially if you can find a good used set. Hope that helps as just one very positive opinion. Best regards Moray James.

PS: before you buy an H3 take a very long and hard look and perhaps a good phone call to Bob Crites about his CS-1T and the CS-1.5T. Baltic Birch cabinets (nothing Klipsch has matches this) very fine drivers way past what Klipsch use and a super fine horn larger and better than what you can get in even a Forte ll or Chorus ll much less the small sad old k701 of the H3. All that and better crossover parts as well. I would buy a set of these before I bought a H3 again. Worth your time to look and investigate.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crites-cs-1-speaker-project.html

HII would prolly cost less & can be updated... :tresbon:

Beat me to the punch! Save some scratch and then upgrade to a HIII equivalent through Crites! A powered sub will make a huge difference with these, BTW, the low end no matter how much you upgrade is still lacking.

I have forgotten the exact details so please forgive me that but I do remember that the H3 upgrade kit for an H2 does not turn them all the way into an H3, not to mention that lots of folks really don't want a project. Check with Klipsch about the upgrade kit and find out if you think that you might want to go that way. Best regards Moray James.

Back
Top Bottom