Room Treatment Calculation Guide

Thanks for the reply, that will help a lot. There will be multiple instruments recorded in the room, so looks like I'll need variable options. I mainly play drums myself, but the room will be used for guitars and vocals as well. The reversible panels is a really good idea.:thmbsp:

Thanks for making the guide, it should help a lot to get started tuning the room.:yes:

Look into building some acoustic gobos. They're an easy way to tune a room and knock down reflections that are harmful to the mic signal. Very useful for getting a drum kit to sound right.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

again Reverend... like Al Green, I like the sound of what you're singing about. Nice job.

After your friendly comments and Dennis' help, my room is sounding all the better for it. Thanks.

:beatnik:

Hopeless situation?

Previously my system (Infinity Sigma reference speakers /Krell KAV pew amp/ Krell 150 monoblocks) was located in a room with a wooden floor and ceiling and all around curtains. It sounded a bit “boomy” but otherwise great. My new lounge is large (about 100 sq m / 1000sq ft) has marble floors, a concrete ceiling and floor to ceiling windows without curtains. The system now sounds pretty mediocre. Is this a hopeless situation or there anything I can do about it?

My new lounge is large (about 100 sq m / 1000sq ft) has marble floors, a concrete ceiling and floor to ceiling windows without curtains.
Yikes!! That's a pretty bad starting point. But at least your room is large.

If you can install absorption on your walls and/or ceilings you can make some improvement. Some fiberglass panels glued or velcroed to your ceiling might help a lot. Can you put down an area rug between you and the system?

The acoustics of the listening or recording room is very important to obtain good sound, that sheet gives a good idea of how to work. I have to install sometimes microphones for voice applications and since the mics are some meters away from the people, the mics take information of all of the room so it is very important to keep the revereration as low as possible, if not a lot of words will be missed.

For listening spaces there are minimum sizes of a room to be considered ? Above all in the bass and midrange areas.

Bump, because I'd like to try this software as well but the link is dead. :(

Hi everyone! Long time, no chat.

Link should be working. It's not a link to the file directly, but to a page at my website where it can be downloaded.

Hi there :)
I calculate the RT60 of our rehearsal space using Sabine formula and since it's a garage with concrete it was very easy to do it! :)
I just got 10 Auralex panels from a friend and my question is: How do I calculate the new RT60 of the space including these panels?
Thank you very much

Cant answer you question seractor, but I can tell you that if office cubical dividers ever pop up on CL, grab them. They are (normally) make from compressed fiberglass and make great portable room treatments for your space.

Back
Top Bottom