Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

I will ship per the schedule (3/27) ... had to switch decks; the RT-707 is a work horse!

Something flaked out on my Teac 6010; back to the bench it goes. Dang it.

Hope you guys enjoy the tape.

Glad to see you back again :thmbsp: several of us had deck issues at the start of this round.

Mike I mailed you a box today tracking# 9549 0213 6051 5087 0000 92

Louis

Dave, I sent out to you this morning, was out of town over the weekend and missed the post office closing time on Friday. It Should be worth the wait though (I hope).

I see no reason for me to complain. I'm late, as well. Sent my tape out to Jim today via 2 day Priority Mail, Tracking Number: 9405510200883592172067

My deck is a lot better, but still has a minor record level variation in the left channel. Time to break out the scope. Replacing the capacitors seems to have helped, but I think one of the leaky capacitors damaged one of the semiconductors, hence the need for signal tracking with the scope. :yes:

It's always something. Of course, with the deck taken apart to get to the caps, one can't run the deck to test without putting it back together. Not designed to be easily worked on.

I'll be looking for the tape! :thmbsp:

Dave :music:

Awesome!!! Let me know what you think :yes:

Zoned out thru Side 1, need to listen while I am NOT doing one of my kids taxes, actually doing a 1040X since he screwed it up:mad:

I was in a very:grumpy::grumpy: mood all night. The first song of course is brilliant.....

My bad....

Zoned out thru Side 1, need to listen while I am NOT doing one of my kids taxes, actually doing a 1040X since he screwed it up:mad:

My bad....

Thats the extension to file form, isnt it? :scratch2:

Once again I will put my tape swap track list online on a single web page.

Still under construction at the moment I will just post the URL on the thread, a lot of
the artists are not in the mainstream so not going to keep it "secret" this time.

Last edited:
Thats the extension to file form, isnt it? :scratch2:

Once again I will put my tape swap track list online on a single web page.

Still under construction at the moment I will just post the URL on the thread, a lot of
the artists are not in the mainstream so not going to keep it "secret" this time.

1040X is used to amend an already submitted return.

Louis, glad you liked it and glad to hear that it sounds good on other machines.

I can hear a few light tic's from the vinyl at the start of a song and when you do the needle drop and very little (typical ) 1/4 track cross talk between tracks and very soft passages with my amp turned up. I get the same thing(light/faint cross talk) on my Revox too on used tapes that I try to erase and record on. I was surprised how good the separation is on some the older top 40 songs from the old days when I was a teen ager :music: Playing side 2 today Eric :thmbsp: so far I have remembered the lyrics on every song on side 1.
Louis

Giving Louis's tape the 3rd or 4th listen...sounds great and has a pretty good song selection.

60895966.jpg

LOL...Sorry Louis..couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Louis, glad you liked it and glad to hear that it sounds good on other machines.

Eric side two has great song selections ... TOO. Nice job on the needle drops between songs on side 2, as mine never sound that quiet(Pop's old Revox no pause function) . On some of the tracks from the 1960's I had to crank up my amp some and turn ON the tone controls to "wake" up the bass etc. Great sounding tape considering the Lp's were 50 years old. Studio recordings done in stereo was still being improved on back then. I was in High School in 1965/68 so all of these songs hit home for me. :thmbsp:. I will play this one again tomorrow :music:
Louis

FAB1's tape is here, gonna spin it this weekend!!!

Good - I got a swappingtape in the mail today from Jim n MaryLand.

FYI: Side One of my reel is sourced all vinyl, many D2D pressings or half-speeds /Side Two is all from CeeDee (i got lazy maybe) :D

Real nice tape Rob....Just finished a "no IRS interrupted" session. :D

Some great tunes that always bring back memories :music:

Back
Top Bottom