Important notes about the MD-DC-VA-PA Fall get together.

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
Subscriber
All,

Well we're less than a month from the big event. I just wanted to take this opportunity to bring up a few things.

1) If you haven't signed up to bring a food/drink/supplies item, please coordinate with Ghazzer NOW. We want to make sure we have enough for everyone, and that we're not duplicating some items at the expense of others.

2) For those who are not familiar with my place, I'm about 600' off the road, down a narrow driveway with a circle at the bottom near the house. What this means is NO PARKING by the house or on the driveway. Please park up on the court and walk down. If you are bringing a few items to sell/trade, pull down to the house, drop them off, then park at the street. Everyone cooperated last year and things went -very- smoothly.

3) Regarding buy/sell/swap items, please remember. The primary purpose of this event is for AK members to meet in person and enjoy some food, drink, and each other's company. Buy/sell/swap is a spinoff, not the main purpose.
I mention this because I've gotten some strange correspondence which leads me to wonder what type of information is being circulated about this event. Note the following PM I received:
Hi,
I have a few questions about the Swap Meet;
Is it geared to vintage stereo?
Do you have to reserve a space/booth?
Is there electrical power available at the space/booth?
What has been selling?
Who is the Swap meet geared to?
Will "United Home Audio" be there?

Clearly this person has the wrong idea. This is a get together, not a swap meet per se. Attendees are welcome to bring a -few- items to buy/sell/swap but please keep it reasonable. With 45+ people on the list so far there is just no way I can provide space for wheeling and dealing of massive amounts of equipment inside my home. You can bring a table and place it outside. However no tailgating on the driveway or near the house.

I'm not trying to put anyone off, however the logistics must be managed or there will be chaos. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
Ghazzer informs me that there's still a lot of people on the list who have not listed what they're bringing in the way of food/drink. Please get with him so he can populate the list NOW.

We want to make sure there's plenty of food and drink, and need to coordinate this so that there's not an excess of one type item, and a deficit of another.

Bump !!

We're a week away from the big event. A few things warrant repeating.

1) If you haven't signed up to bring a food/drink/supplies item, please coordinate with Ghazzer NOW. We want to make sure we have enough for everyone, and that we're not duplicating some items at the expense of others.

2) For those who are not familiar with my place, I'm about 600' off the road, down a narrow driveway with a circle at the bottom near the house. What this means is NO PARKING by the house or on the driveway. Please park up on the court and walk down. If you are bringing a few items to sell/trade, pull down to the house, drop them off, then park at the street. Everyone cooperated last year and things went -very- smoothly.

3) Regarding buy/sell/swap items, please remember. The primary purpose of this event is for AK members to meet in person and enjoy some food, drink, and each other's company. Buy/sell/swap is a spinoff, not the main purpose. Attendees are welcome to bring a -few- items to buy/sell/swap but please keep it reasonable. With 50+ people on the list so far there is just no way I can provide space for wheeling and dealing of massive amounts of equipment inside my home. You can bring a table and place it outside. However no tailgating on the driveway or near the house.

I'm not trying to put anyone off, however the logistics must be managed or there will be chaos. Thanks for understanding.

We are now up to 54 Committed to attending, so please heed Rick's instructions. Also please contact Ghazzer or ehoove with what food items you are bringing.
Regards,
Jim as Steve

Back
Top Bottom