Anyone in Denver interested in a meet?

Take this job and shove it...I'm on my way. Greg, is there something I can pick up on the way?

John

Well everyone changed their clocks because no one showed up at 11 :)

See you guys soon

We ain't no dummies - we can handle a clock change. I did think about that, though.

Thanks for having this Greg, it was fun. Nice get-together...JohnMac's Dynaco kept calling my name, but I successfully resisted temptation - but oh that Sansui integrated...:yes:

Well Larry, I'm right up the road so let's talk. :yes:

Thanks to Greg for hosting. Good to hang out with the rest of you. :thmbsp:

John

Thanks, Greg, you've assembled some very nice gear. Nice work with the redo of your home.

Great to see and talk with you all. Looking forward to the next GTG. Preston

Greg, thank you for hosting the GTG :) And nice house and great food too! It was great seeing you guys again. And George, thank you for the L100's again :)

Good to see all of you guys again!!

Trying to get the theater finished up for the spring GTG sometime in May.

To be continued.............:D

I really should check in more often sorry I missed it. I actually had the weekend off for once. Hope you all had a good time.

Greg, thank you for hosting the GTG :) And nice house and great food too! It was great seeing you guys again. And George, thank you for the L100's again :)

L100's or L100T's?
If the later, you have some competition for the A400's.

Hey Sunny!! Where were you Sunday?!?!? :) The L100T's and yes that was my thought. Once I get them refoamed and do some work on the cabs, I will move the A400's out and put the L100T's in and see what we have

Attachments

• CIMG3988.jpg
    CIMG3988.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
Hey Sunny!! Where were you Sunday?!?!? :) The L100T's and yes that was my thought. Once I get them refoamed and do some work on the cabs, I will move the A400's out and put the L100T's in and see what we have

Steve,
Too much work on the new house.
Plumbing, paint, carpet, etc... will take another few weeks before moving in but then I can play my speakers LOUD. :banana:

L100T's will have bigger/wider bass and are louder but I still prefer mids/highs of A400.
Also, pull in the cone (use reverse polarity battery) during refoam on the cone and then push out (or use 30hz tone) when gluing on the basket.
This will help keep full xmax on the foam by checking how far out the outer flap is supposed to be on the basket when gluing the inner flap on the cone.

Steve,
Too much work on the new house.
Plumbing, paint, carpet, etc... will take another few weeks before moving in but then I can play my speakers LOUD. :banana:

L100T's will have bigger/wider bass and are louder but I still prefer mids/highs of A400.
Also, pull in the cone (use reverse polarity battery) during refoam on the cone and then push out (or use 30hz tone) when gluing on the basket.
This will help keep full xmax on the foam by checking how far out the outer flap is supposed to be on the basket when gluing the inner flap on the cone.

Congrates on the house!!!! Yes, now you can open up the A400's! I love doing that, but the kitchen with plates on the wall doesn't seem to be happy :D

thanks for the tip on the refoam, will do it:thmbsp:

Your very welcome. I hope you can enjoy them.

FWIW - Rick Cobbs' (loneytunes) includes a 30hz tone cd for centering purposes with his replacement surrounds.

Greg - thanks for hosting, well done.

george

Last edited:
I mentioned to several of you during the last few GTG of a shop in Denver that I was able to obtain a 2245H recone kit from. While cleaning up the home office, I ran across the invoice.

It's gramophone shop inc. 2707 East Louisiana Ave. Denver 80210 303-744-1284

Sorry I don't recall the gentleman's name, but I think I was dealing with the proprietor. I had to kind of ease into the subject with him before he was kind enough to sell me the kit.

Oh, I had no idea there are so many audio nuts this close.
My mom always said I was special. I'm just know figuring out what she means by that?

Oh, I had no idea there are so many audio nuts this close.
My mom always said I was special. I'm just know figuring out what she means by that?

Keep an eye on this thread. I'm thinking a get together may be afoot....or soon.....or something

I'll be attending a graduation out of town on the date I heard.

Sent from my subconscious mind.

I might be able to host. any particular days in mind?

Right now I have a few pretty hefty projects(busted sprinkler system and a boat project). It will likely take me at least a few weeks to button them up and then another to clean up. So maybe end of may or first part of june???

I do have to say, my theater doesn't hold a candle to Shane's tho:tears:

We coulsd set up swap tables on the back patio or driveway. I have two areas for some tunes.

Sorry for the delay folks. The day I had planned is Saturday May 17th.

Lets say from 11 to 3ish. There are a few here who have been told but that is the day I have free!! :)

PM me for directions. George has the meal planned and I think we just need a few people to bring some sodas and some chips. Post here if you can!! :yes:

BYOB for those who want that!

Back
Top Bottom