Minnesota Meetup

mforys

There was some interest in a meetup this fall. I would be happy to host it at my house in St. Paul. I live in Highland Park, just north of the airport. I have a huge garage with a room up top that I would be happy to volunteer.

I am open October 19/20 or 26/27. We could also look into November if needed (the wood burning stove may be needed at that point!)

What works for the locals?

If it's the 26/27 weekend I might be able to pop down Sunday afternoon. One of my sons lives up off Fairview/University & it's likely he'd enjoy tagging along.

I'll keep watch on this thread.

I'm open to either weekend. My boss is pretty flexible, so I can take time off pretty much on demand. Any ideas as to which weekend?

Dang, I'd love to attend but unfortunately going to be tied up on both weekends. I have to work the first and will be taking care my wife who is going in for knee surgery the Friday of the next. She is going to be home and out of commission for about the next 4-5 weeks afterward by the sound of things.

RC

For planning reasons let's say we are doing it on the 19th. I am not familiar with many of the local guys. Can everyone spread the word?

Pretty sure I can make it on the 19th. Looking forward to meeting people who I can talk to about this stuff without their eyes instantly glazing over.

I was thinking 3 PM. Does that work for everyone? If not, please indicate a better time.

For those wondering where, I live just north of the airport about a block off Edgecumbe.

Eighteen fifty two
Wordsworth ave

I was thinking 3 PM. Does that work for everyone? If not, please indicate a better time.

For those wondering where, I live just north of the airport about a block off Edgecumbe.

Eighteen fifty two
Wordsworth ave

From past experience, I'd probably start a little earlier :yes:

From past experience, I'd probably start a little earlier :yes:

Hmmm. If you haven't attended a Minnesota AK event before you may be unaware that we tend to stay a long time once we arrive at the event. Since you are the host you get to set the hours - just make the expected end time clear in your invite so we don't overstay our welcome.

Be aware that some AKers from outside the Twin Cities may plan to attend and will be driving from several hundred miles away (we also get folks from Wisconsin and Iowa). Just another reason we tend to hang out for a longer time once we get together.

Thanks for offering to host a Minnesota get together! :thmbsp:

It has been a while since we all saw each other.

Cheers.

Sounds good. How about noon until 10ish? We cannot be very loud in the city after that point anyways.

I think noon would be a more appropriate time.

What do people think about having some food? Dish to pass or...?

I would love it if people brought food and drinks. We can order pizza as well.

I am still wondering on the headcount. I plan on sending out PMs early next week to confirm.

I have 2 amps and 3 or 4 sets of speakers that could be setup. I would appreciate anyone else bringing interesting audio items. One thing I would really enjoy is hearing a high end CD player. I have an older NAD, but I would love to hear what I may be missing.

I agree people planning to attend should bring something to share and we can contribute cash to buying some pizza or other take out style food.

I plan on coming and one of my local friends (who is also an AK member) has expressed an interest.

I have an ADCOM speaker selector switch (six pair type) I can bring if folks want to compare different speaks on a single amp.

Do we want to start a trade/for sale type thread in Barter Town for local people with extraneous equipment who might want to promote it in conjunction with the get-together?

Back
Top Bottom