Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

4Play

Just about every other turntable has an owners thread on AK. It is time for all AR turntable lovers to post pics of their table. This is for ALL AR Models that is either in original condition, or if they have been upgraded or modded.

This is my AR ES-1 that was restored and upgraded by Marc.

Ok guys and gals, post your pics of your AR turntable. :music:

I need to replace my stolen camera. My cell phone camera takes pictures like a 1 megapixel potato chip. But so far I have 2, TX one motor, and a XB. Both needing hammertime,in a good way. One at least will be sent to Marc.

Last edited:
TOTL ETL-1in piano black, Goldmund mat, acrylic arm board, Mission arm and Koetsu Black;

PaTiFM7.jpg

Last edited:
I love the XAs, but man, there's just something about the black ETL-1 that is flat out gorgeous. Steve, you do some marvelous work.

Keep the pics coming! :music:

Thanks, the ETL is stealthy, here's an XB in black, vinyl finish removed and painted a flat black, top refinished and arm rewired.

Last edited:
Wow, some nice tables here for sure. I just received my bone stock XA yesterday, and I love it already. Hopefully we have many fine days of listening and upgrading yet to come.

DSCF4902.jpg

Last edited:
Hey kids, is there a source for the tan colored headshells? Does anyone have one they don't necessarily need?

Hey kids, is there a source for the tan colored headshells? Does anyone have one they don't necessarily need?

Your best bet for the Tan head shell is ebay.....gonna cost ya......~$50.00

Be careful when buying one. Make sure the brass threaded inserts aren't missing and the threads that holds it into the collar aren't messed up.

John

Thanks John! Read through your article on rebuilding. Great material!

Last edited:
Rebuilt my XA 8 months or so ago. I love the turntable. Made a couple alterations...technics tonearm tube, new wiring, pushbutton start/stop switch, tonearm rest. I have had and still have several turntables. It will hold it's own with most of them, plus it is not as big/bulky and very nice to look at!

Treker and AVFan... I was hoping you would post your pics. Gorgeous tables!

AVFan... Please share your tonearm. Did you replace the tube with a newer one that would accept removable headshells.

There's more out there. Here's a chance to post your AR. :music:

There are other AR turntables we haven't heard from. I hope this thread will be a good resource for AR tables.

I know there are more ARs out there. Post pics of your AR, and let's see the workmanship that has been done. :music:

Back
Top Bottom