The NEW Grado Hum Database

I tried to look at the database but it is asking for a password. I entered one and it said it wasn't a valid spreadsheet url. Any suggestions on how to look at the database?

Thanks.

Another MMF5.1 hummer

Grado Reference Platinum with MMF5.1. Outer half of LP plays fine, inner half induces my woofers to start pumping. Speakers are Devore Fidelity Gibbon 3xl's and I'm running a Fosgate Phono Stage.

Grado Reference Platinum with MMF5.1. Outer half of LP plays fine, inner half induces my woofers to start pumping. Speakers are Devore Fidelity Gibbon 3xl's and I'm running a Fosgate Phono Stage.

Upgrade the Speakers by fred and the Boom car electronics? I would.

Just installed a p-mount gold -1 on my Technics SL-QD35 in an effort to try something different than my usual (and splendid) Audio Technica AT122Lp.
Adjusted the tracking to a measured 1.5gm. Absolutely zero hum, zero tracking issues and zero IGD.
So far it's a little too smooth / dark, but hopefully will break in nicely. The thing really hides the noise and pops quite well though, it's very quiet, almost like a CD.

I'm using a FCE+1 with an 8MZ stylus in my home made deck and get no audible hum from the Grado whatsover

I'm using a FCE+1 with an 8MZ stylus in my home made deck and get no audible hum from the Grado whatsover
I do appreciate the report, but since your tt is unique, I really cannot add this to the database. The whole purpose is for others to see if a particular Grado can work with their tt.

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all my old friends and to those who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. My health is fine, but life has thrown me some curve balls which I'm trying to deal with. I'm continuing to maintain the database and hope to be back on board in the near future.

Also, for the fastest inclusion in the database, please PM me. Thanks.

It's good to hear from you Howard. Those curves that life throws at you can be tough and even overwhelming. Hope you're finding your way.

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all my old friends and to those who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. The database is still in operation and continues to be updated. For the fastest inclusion in the database, please PM me. Thanks.

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all my old friends and to those who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. The database is still in operation and continues to be updated. For the fastest inclusion in the database, please PM me. Thanks.
wow.........howdy. :beerchug:

I don't see anything on the site about Grado turntables. I have a Grado Lab Series 5270 with the wooden arm. I have all parts. Is there a restoration guy on here who can put this baby together for me? Many thanks for ay help.

I guess the spreadsheet is no longer being updated as both admins for it are not about to PM ?
So now we just post details here ?
Well Tempered Classic. Grado Prestige Gold. No Hum.

Grado Gold3 hums lightly on my Technics SL-1650 & Thorens TD-160. Doesn't interfere with the music. You only hear hum on very quiet passages and in between tracks.

Back
Top Bottom