Which one?

mars_volta

I've got 4 turntables to choose from. I've been using an Onkyo CP-1000A for a while but also have a Sansui P-L45, Pioneer PL-200, and a Gemini XL-100. Which one would you guys run? I actually 'found' the pioneer in the closet. I must have stashed it years ago and forgot about it. :smoke:

Me too! I have one and it is a pretty decent table that I've always been pleased with. Pioneer X 3.

I tried out the pioneer today and it sounds like crap. It's scratchy and sounds like its playing 2 grooves at once. I adjusted things and blew it off with air but still not great. Its got a at112ep cartridge. I'm not sure if my other tables needles will interchange. I know the Sansui has a new AT3482P.

Sounds like you need a new stylus. Do you have a stylus balance force gauge? The tracking force could be off.

I dont but I did try a range of settings and some helped but still was bad. I just tried the Sansui but it needs help. The tracking arm doesn't want to move in certain spots. I must need a bit of oil or something. Well, back to the Onkyo for now. :scratch2:

mars volta go to Vinyl Engine sign up (free) and download/printout the owners manual for each table, the manuals will have illustrations/instructions of setup/adjustments. Also the cartridge/stylus may need alignment and/or cleaning.

I will go against the crowd and vote on the Onkyo, "looks" to be a far more substantial table over the PL-200, which I think is a fairly average table. Yes, I do realize the Onkyo is a belt drive, it just looks more interesting imo.

Back
Top Bottom