Dual 1218/1019 - Compatible plinth/tonearm/headshell?

drspangle

Hi all

I have a Dual 1019 that I'm rather fond of but the plinth is a bit nasty, the tonearm has a bit of a dent and the headshell is a bit scuffed. I see someone else in New Zealand selling a nicely plinthed 1218 (hard to find anything Dual/old around here) and I'm trying to determine if any of the parts in the subject line (that is, plinth, tonearm and headshell) are compatible between the two models and if it's worth me buying it.

Perhaps even it it's worth getting on it's own merits - the sound doesn't work but I'm sure I can fix that (had a mouse issue, apparently).

My google-fu is not giving up any answers here so I thought I'd pose it to the wisdom of the board :)

Cheers

From what I've been reading on idlers, the 1019 might be the best sounding idler Dual out there, so you may want to focus your attention on it.

Actually, I was second guessing selling the one I had in favor of my 1219 after reading some of the comments.

From what I've been reading on idlers, the 1019 might be the best sounding idler Dual out there, so you may want to focus your attention on it.

Actually, I was second guessing selling the one I had in favor of my 1219 after reading some of the comments.

Fair enough - it's done me well. No good for headphones though, the idler wheel rumble is pretty intense. Probably needs a new one...

I wish I'd set up notifications properly - would have taken it just for the plinth!

Back
Top Bottom