Kansas City Spring Get Together

I was digging Jay's Nora Jones and Diana Krall on vinyl.

Diana Krall sounded killer on the big Bozaks.

I had a great time, and brought home a sweet sounding Mitsubishi amp a Giant variac 0-140 volt 25A capacity and a free Luxman receiver (needs work) as well as some decent vinyl for the collection. Looking forward to the fall one.

Sorry that my camera was malfunctioning.... funny how the problem seemed to be intermittent... even within the same photo!:D

Other than Glenn (Echowars) this was the first time that I had met anyone else from AK. So I apologize for not having more names in the photos I posted.

Army... thanks for fessin' up and clearing Jay's reputation. :thmbsp:

Thanks again, Jay and Susan!

You are very generous and gracious hosts, and tolerant as well, while a bunch of AudioKarma nuts, dazed and excited by audio electronics and music, stampede through your house. If the weather outside had been better, we probably would have flattened all of the grass in your yard like a herd of sheep, too!

It was fun, good company, the refreshments were great, and what a bunch of interesting audio items everywhere! The drawings and auctions were fun; thanks to Paul for helping run those deals. I had a tough time not dragging more audio equipment out of there when Bob and I left.

Next time, I volunteer to prepare name tags, and even include the avatars on the tags. Help everybody sort out who's who, and who's famous.

:thmbsp: Doug

I was thinking about name tags too as my memory for names is non-functional.
It was great to meet all of you and I hope to get back up there for the fall get to gether.

I can't believe I almost forgot this. I have to thank Jay for the free large Advents and letting me run his Hickock to check the tubes on my Arkay. Now I have a project I can test my cabinet refinishing skills with.

Denny

Huge thanks go out to my good buddy Jay and his outstanding wife Suzie. Thanks so much for the fine hospitality and for putting up with me for the couple nights I was hanging around.

Thanks to all who showed up to share in the fun with us. To all I bought, traded or sold to thank you as well for helping me with the continued fun in this great hobby.

Army that was nice of you to try to take the bullet for Jay but I must admit I saw that Manilow album there on Friday aftenoon and Jay was trying to get me to listen to it. He said summin like "it's just you and me here, we could karoke to "Copacabana" " :scratch2:

One last round of thanks to Jay and his better half for the "take home" plate and to Denny for the keg.:thmbsp:

Hope to see you all again soon.

What was the final head count? Seems like more than 30. Whatever it was, I've never felt more comfortable not really knowing anyone. What a great time. :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: 5 outa 5 thumbs up.

Toxcrusader, your buddy made it and is upstairs jamming on the 950 right now. I measured all the inductors for you and put it on masking tape. Have a good one, Jay

Thanks Jay, just saw this posting this morning after recovering from our own shindig. Next time hopefully I can make it over there - looks like a great time was had. I got the parts back, thanks so much. Michael loves his 950, it's near as big as the 1250. :yes:

Is that an SX-780 on the swap table? Anyone know if that went home with somebody? Another friend asked me to look for a receiver for them, those 780s are sweet. My best dumpster find ever.

Tox, Glenn went through that for a younger guy but he never came to pick it up. Glenn called him but got a hold of his dad and he didn't know anything about it. We figured he was maybe short on cash and that's why he didn't come over.

Jay, tell Suzie thank you for putting together the pan of leftovers. I live by myself and don't get good cooking like that very often. You are a very lucky man.

Denny

Let me add one more word of thanks to Jay and his wife for their hospitality. Kudos, also, to the local AKers who brought interesting equipment and stories and chat. All of this--with lunch!!--made for a perfect afternoon.

Bob

Is that an SX-780 on the swap table? Anyone know if that went home with somebody? Another friend asked me to look for a receiver for them, those 780s are sweet. My best dumpster find ever.

Yep, and like Denny said, it had gotten the EW "treatment". It looked like it just came out of the box (no kidding). That's the amp we hooked up to the Bozak Urbans, and it was a match made in heaven, with clean heavy vinyl.:drool:

I was just sitting here reading all the "Thank You" posts that everyone so graciously put up. The truth is, I'm the one that should be doing the thanking. I don't know what it is about AK and the people it draws in, but they are some of the absolute nicest folks I've ever had the privilege to know. There wasn't a single person here that didn't show the utmost respect for my humble abode, and audio stuff. Think of it this way; you have 30 people in your house that you have never met before, but after about an hour, you don't mind if any one of them is changing LPs or messing with knobs. Then there was the swap table. From what I saw and overheard, the biggest concern that anyone had, was making sure the other guy didn't get the short end of the stick. Anyone could have made out like a bandit if they had been buying gear to flip on Epray, but these guys just want to try different stuff..........................so everyone gets happy. I ended up with a PAS 2, Dynatune FM Tuner, and a Heathkit 141 A tube pre. from Stereoholic, for less than the PAS 2 would have cost. All three were in excellent, unmolested shape, with beautiful face-plates. Then there were the "mint" (I hate that term but it fits here) Bozak Sonora's that I traded Dragon a big Teac R2R for. Lots of free stuff too......................too much to mention. I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous when I realized how big of a group we were going to have, but everyone was so courteous and thoughtful of each other, that it wasn't a problem at all. So, Thanks to all who made the day great. See ya this fall, Jay

Yep, and like Denny said, it had gotten the EW "treatment". It looked like it just came out of the box (no kidding). That's the amp we hooked up to the Bozak Urbans, and it was a match made in heaven, with clean heavy vinyl.:drool:

Ach, yer killin me. :D

Back
Top Bottom