Trio KA-3750

Cruehead75

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum but it seems like you guys will be most able to help me with my query so here goes!

I have just picked up an old (but allegedly working) vintage Trio-KA-3750 Amplifier which I was planning to use with my matching Trio KD-1500 turntable but upon it's arrival I'm really confused by what I've been sent.

I have inspected it and everything looks great cosmetically but there isn't a traditional plug of any kind on the amp, there just appears to be a rather strange 3 pin connector on the end of the power lead which states the plug voltage and fuse required but nothing else.

As I say I am a newbie to this forum but I am attempting to attach a photo of the connection I describe so hopefully you should see it for yourself but if not can you please advise as to what power connections this amp should have?

I am not really happy with wiring this and that to get it up and running (I failed physics 20-odd years ago!) so any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank You

Attachments

• trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 24
Hello again,

As I say I've only joined the forum tonight so if location is not listed I didn't know it should have been (and why it isn't) but anyhow I am based in the UK.

further to my last post the voltage and fuse rating figures on that strange lead are UK standard but the connection obviously isn't a current UK plug (or the old 1970's style plugs we used to use) so I'm still stumped.

Hi,the 3 pin Masterpiece connecter just plugs into an old 4 way Masterpiece plug adaptor. It's perfectly safe to unscrew it/cut it off,then use an ordinary UK plug preferably fitted with a 5 amp fuse.

Hello again,

As I say I've only joined the forum tonight so if location is not listed I didn't know it should have been (and why it isn't) but anyhow I am based in the UK.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a wiseguy. That looks like some sort of European plug, and I thought you might be in North America.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom