**Sacramento Vintage Audio Festival Thread**

Duffinator

Spin The Black Circle
This if the official thread for the Sacramento Vintage Audio Festival on Saturday March 1, 2008. I will update this thread as more details unfold and please keep this thread on topic. Here's the important details:

Who: Anybody that wants to attend is welcome

What: A friendly get-together of audio enthusiasts of vintage and current stereo equipment. You will be able to display and sell your gear but space is limited.

When: Saturday March 1, 2008 from 10-3
Door prize drawing to be held at 2:00 P.M.

Where: The Club at Natomas Park.
2101 Club Center Drive.
Sacramento, CA 95835
916-928-6833
Use Mapquest for directions.

Cost: $5 for everyone 18 years and older. Children are welcome and encouraged to attend. Once my costs are covered I will donate all remaining proceeds to AK.

For any questions please email me at:
duffinator@sbcglobal.net

I need your help

1. I'd like two or three volunteers to help me with some of the details including setup, collecting money at the door, distributing door prize tickets, and clean up.

2. I want to put together door prizes for the event. I have 2-3 local vendors that might contribute and donations are welcome from attendees. Items such as CD's, Vinyl, audio related items. I'd like to keep this as nice gifts with no gags or unrelated items. If you have something you'd like to donate as a door prize please send me a message via email or PM. Please Do Not post it here.

3. A list of potential attendees. The more that attend the more fun the event will be. I'll start a list a bit later so start thinking of Nor Cal members to invite.

4. A list of people displaying or selling gear. Please post what you are going to bring and what you are going to sell (no prices in this thread). Please keep items you want to sell to a few items as we have limited room and I want everyone to have some table top space.

5. No alcohol is allowed in the club unless you buy it there. Since we are not paying for the bar to be open there will be no alcohol. End of discussion.

6. The cafe will not be open either but we can bring in food. There are several restaurants within a couple of miles of the club. We can pitch in and make food runs. I'll coordinate snacks for everyone.

Questions?

Count me in. Let me see what I can come up with for door prizes. The "no gags
or unrelated items" might put a crimp in my style with the government surplus, but you'll fudge just a little, won't you?:D (I have some nice stuff, too.)

When it gets closer, I'll let you know about helping with setup or cleanup or whatever.

Larry

The "no gags or unrelated items" might put a crimp in my style with the government surplus, but you'll fudge just a little, won't you?:D (I have some nice stuff, too.)
For you we can as long as it's not your outhouse! :D My point there is I don't want somebody to get a nice gift and then the next person gets something useless if that's makes sense.

I'll bring my Sansui G8000 or 9090DB along with my Sansui CD player and some ADS speakers.

What no new Duffy DIY speakers?!

Not sure but will probably bring the Cary tube pre, Maybe the Thiel CS2 2 and or B&W DM602s. I got those B&Ws sounding way better than when you guys first heard them.

I think I'm in... although it's real hard to plan that far ahead. I can probably come up with something for a door prize too; lemme look around the huge mess that passes for my gear storage area.

Hey Carl,

If your up to it wanna bring a tube amp? I'd like to try running the Cary Tube pre through one and see how it sounds.

Carl

I have a 1960-61 Lafayette 550 amp I could drag up along with some 2-ways I built if anyones interested.

I'll bring an RTA.

If I can't come, I'll at least send something.

I'm thinking your hot-rodded AR4xs might be worthy candidates.... :yes:

I'm in.

If I still have the SX-1050 I will bring it.
And maybe the NAD 160a.

I could bring the Eight deluxe and G-871DB for sound comparisons.

Who knows, by then I should be able to score three or four more things.

Rob

yepper...I'm there for sure. I'm fairly new to collecting vintage. Can't wait to hear some of this gear I'm been reading about! I've never heard a tube set up...I hope someone is willing to set it up. Very excited here. :banana:

yepper...I'm there for sure. I'm fairly new to collecting vintage. Can't wait to hear some of this gear I'm been reading about! I've never heard a tube set up...I hope someone is willing to set it up. Very excited here. :banana:

So far it looks like I can make it. I'll try to bring some DIY 2 ways, sub, stands and the Laffalot amp.

Back
Top Bottom