w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday June 27th in Clinton MA

Here we go again - summer time at our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

Not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

attachment.php

Damnitalltohell! I'm still recovering from the last meet! That being said, I freakin' can't wait!

Great! Just one idea: though I hope by now all the snow had melted at Frank's place maybe it would be a good idea to park mostly at the back and keep the front parking for loading and unloading? Much easier this way....

I think we should just keep the one spot open adjacent to the loading dock on the street side.
We didn't have any problems (even with the snow) last time - plus the summer event has the least attendance.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again for a day of fun and music. Some goodies I will list in the BT thread.

I'm in and will bring some good stuff to eat and some good stuff to sell. No, I won't sell food!

We did get tix for the Santa Clara Dead shows and will be in Cali for the long weekend. Maybe Fall FF

Will the upstairs room be available? Might like to call dibs on it.

Same here. I was going to bring my Scott LK-72 & 1963 KLH's, but I'm rethinking that maybe I'll bring the Angelica's I recently found at GW with SS power. Any preference gents?

At this point we don't know.
I'll ask Frank a week prior, things change there according to what spaces have been rented out, etc.
That being said, we always seem to find space.

AR XA Restoration Clinic. Interest? Space?

Hi all, I'm looking to gauge interest and availability of space:

I just completed a full restoration on an AR XA table which I did in sections this past winter/spring and along the way I have accumulated several spare tables. I won't have time to restore them all, so I thought maybe a FrankenFest XA Clinic would be a fun thing to do, not only to share tips on my own restoration but to offer these tables (on BT) for clinic participants at a reasonable cost.

Others could bring either examples of your own resto, or tables that you'd like to restore. I have, I think, three "complete" tables to provide to people and with the lead time the buyers could obtain belts and headshells (which are needed).

Those of us with restored tables could provide source components for reference systems in the upstairs room to make it a symbiotic relationship with respect to room-sharing.

I think we could all learn a lot and have fun too. Some topics that come to mind:

Tonearm rewire (I'll provide the wire);
RCA jack install (I can provide the jacks and drill hardware)
Spring suspension tuning (a topic of endless theory- I don't claim to know it all)
Cleaning & lubrication (I can provide my preferred oil)
Cartridge selection
Cable capacitance (I can bring a pF meter)
Setting anti-skate with the tonearm wire (I can provide a test disc with blank band)

Anyone with spare parts could probably find interested parties at such an event also. Feel free to throw out any other enhancements to this idea!

-Nick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom