San Antonio Summer Bash 2015 August 1st.

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I am having a end of summer blow out at my place on Saturday August 1st. I am taking off on Friday for anyone that may want to get a jumpstart on Saturday. Lots of music, food and drinks.

PM for directions. Post in this thread if you might make it so I can get a head count.

:dammit:

Luther, I was you didn't live so far away. I have never been to a GTG and would love to meet some AKers. No doubt in my mind, you will have one hell of a time with good food, drinks, and music. The following Tuesday is my birthday, so drink one for me, will you please.

Make sure someone takes pictures of the good time. :music:

The bash is this coming weekend. I hope some of you local boys can make it.

Well crap i can't make it but I will be down around Turkey day> Can i send my brother in my place he lives in Fair Oaks????? he can go oooh and ahhh for me

Some of the guys over yesterday.

080115e.jpg

By the way, the little black speakers we were listening to are not hooked up to any of the gear you see. Those are Mark and Daniel Maximus Opal Air4 wireless speakers. Basically an all in one system. They have a built in D class amp being fed by a Nuforce DAC and wireless receiver. There was a USB dongle on a laptop streaming files at a digital level to the speakers. It isn't bluetooth. It is a new protocol called SKAA. These are awesome. We had them cranking out on the patio for a while, until it got to hot outside.

You can read up on them on their website: http://madwirelesshifi.com/index.html

080115i.jpg

I would have been there but Galen and I had to return a repaired pair of Quad ESL's to a customer in Comfort and pick up the YG Kipods he borrowed while the repairs were being done....after being out of the US market for quite a while it's nice to see Quad returning and their factory authorized services being resumed.

I hope all had fun, still miss the "Bottlehead" meetings!

Woops!

Missed this entirely! My bad.

I didn't check with you as I was really unsure of when I'd be going - had stuff going on here and might not have been able to get out at a decent time.

Luther and I talked about doing something at my place again. Have no idea on timing at this point but I would definitely enjoy doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom