Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Both of these were from estate sales over the last month. I have no idea why started liking these old suitcases.

I am guessing late 50's on this one. It is a Mitchell Model 586. Just starting to look it over. Anyone have more info on this? I can't find squat on it.

I think those would be fun to play with. If I had the skills to repair them, I'd be grabbing them. And hell, you never know when you want to have a retro picnic with a bunch of 45's.

Duane Allman played on that Pickett LP "Hey Jude" and was regarded as one of his best works.The Toshiba is very nice also. Good equipment and very underrated.

I've been listening to those records quite a bit. Hey Jude is definitely a highlight. Hot Buttered Soul is some smooth business, especially that epic "By the Time I get to Phoenix."

Found this neat metal Victor sign at the flea market yesterday:

BWxBjJC.jpg

Not sure if it is authentic, but it was only $9. Seller claimed to remember buying it in the 70's. It's just over 11 inches in diameter.

Today was a once in a lifetime Holy Grail find !
I passed by a garage sale sunday afternoon north of Toronto.
I asked if the guy had any records. He said he had 2 acetate Rush records and 1 Max Webster because he used to work at the recording studio in the late 1970s.
Needless to say I ended up buying these for a good price.
I then turned around and traded them both to someone who is a Rush collector for 2 sealed Tragically Hip - Day for Night lp's which are super rare as well !
I believe the trade was fair got both of us, but who knows what the future will bring as far as value on the acetate !
Here's some pics of the acetate records and my copy of the Tragically Hip LP.

20048432298_92a59f752c_b.jpg

20048402700_8cf4f1b1b6_b.jpg

20049837899_7aebdf4a6a_b.jpg

19613788694_4fb93caeef_b.jpg

I was at our island cabin island until last night and found a couple of neat things while there.

One was at the 3 hour per week thrift store where I found a CD of a guy named Rik Martin, who just happens to be our neighbour sharing the property line one road over. I've never heard him perform but knew he was a county-ish kind of singer. It turns out he's actually a decent Elvis impersonator, of the early rockabilly type Elvis songs. Not that bad if you like that sort of thing.

At a yard sale I found a BB King Deuces Wild CD, and this very cool saw for $3. It's from Geo H Bishop & Co of Lawrenceburg IND, which seems to date it between 1899 and 1919. I thought "hacksaw" but I think it's a meat/bone saw. The blade is 24" long. :thmbsp:

Geo H Bishop & Co saw model 85 by Buhduh, on Flickr

Geo H Bishop & Co 85 Lawrenceburg IND by Buhduh, on Flickr

Geo H Bishop & Co saw handle by Buhduh, on Flickr

Picked up this little table for $8 last week and refinished it . Don`t have before and after shots but it turned out really nice .

endtable_zps6jfigkgw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sansui SCORE!

The first rummage sale I hit I scored a Sansui G-5700 for $20. Bought it without even trying it out, but when I got home, the first thing I did was hook it up! :banana:
This thing ROCKS!

4ECEE181-E293-48BF-A11F-E41B9F8EB6D0_zps7wwdnjiy.jpg

BB72EF5B-2CCA-49DD-B5ED-899A4EC25A1A_zpsosllzid3.jpg

D24C555A-96EA-47B6-807F-A5CF07A3C109_zpsrhmtelw0.jpg

At the same sale, I grabbed a Old Style motion waterfall light for $70. Works perfect. Pics later after I get the dust off of it! :thmbsp:

That sign is certainly cool, but that Sansui 5700 is gorgeous. My buddy had that amp, one channel was out, and he sold it before repairing. Made me sick.

G Heilman is long gone. The world largest six pack in LaCrosse is looking pretty shabby the last time I saw it. Who knows who makes it now but it was one of the awfullest tasting beers around in it's day.

Back
Top Bottom