Would you bother readjusting offset on a CR-400?

Dadbar

I just bought a CR-400 which was in surprisingly good condition....to use in a spare bedroom. I bought it to rotate in as a spare during P.M. of some of my other gear.

I measured the offset on both channels...channel A is at 15mv, channel B is 31mv which seems to be on the edge of being "out of spec" as per the service manual.

My natural instinct would be to open up the unit and adjust the bias and offset on the unit, but never having worked on one of these I was wondering if I would be setting myself up for a disaster. Do the adjustment pots on these get dirty? Am I better off just leaving it alone until there is a tangible need to do something?

I haven't recapped the unit yet....thought I would enjoy it until I get around to recapping something else to use as a spare for this unit.

Don't know about this one, but many amps will drift a bit with warm-up and ambient. Watch it for a while and see where it goes. I don't think it would hurt anything at all to just leave it, nor should there be a problem if you adjust it closer to zero. Exercise the pot a bit without power if you do.

Back
Top Bottom