a few choices...advice please

buckstir

"ain't no devil, just God when he's drunk" tw
Going to try the Klipsch plunge....powered by Hitachi ss amp (85w)...listening to Dire Straits, Santana, Little Feat...etc. like to turn it up loud once in while....considering the below...all are local...any input would be welcome...thanks.

Heresy III ..walnut...2008...$1000
Cornwall...walnut...1975...incorrect grill cloth...$500
Chorus II...black...mid 90's...Crites xover and titanium tweeters...$650
Forte II...oak...$400
Chorus...oak...$700
KG 5.2....walnut...$500
CF-2...oak...$600
RF-7...$1000

All good - Cornwalls a great happy medium(?) and you can always get your money back if you ever decide to sell them.

chorus ll do some brace work add 2.5 ounces of dead weight to the inside centre of the passives get ti mid diaphragms set them up so the centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level. lots of other stuff that you can do but that will get your attention. smaller than a CW better than a CW. but that is just my opinion. Best regards Moray James.

Seems the Chorus II's have a loyal following...how much value do the Crites mods add?

Last edited:
The ChorusII is what I'd get - the Crites is about a $400 mod.

Cornies fan here. If you don't like them, you can easily sell them for what you paid for them or better.

The Cornwalls are tempting but the Crites mods to the ChorusII is what tips the balance for me.

But I've never owned Cornwalls either, only heard them a long time ago, so there's full disclosure. :)

Forte's, not super huge, and probably the best sounding to me of the bunch. The Cornwalls if tubes are in the picture.

Anybody venture to guess what's under the black paint on the Chorus II's...strip,sand and stain...or reveneer?...love the woodgrain look...narrowed my possibilities to the Cornwalls...Chorus II...Forte II.....local Belle's ($1200) are no longer listed...but perhaps could reappear.

Those Cornwalls are dirt cheap if the condition is good. They would be my first choice with the Fortes a close second. Xover mods for either of them would be beneficial.

I am listening to Klipsch Chorus in my living room right now. And I am in love with them. This pair is a loaner and do have the Crites upgrades. And I think I will be heartbroken when they leave. I like them. Cornwalls and Heresies are mighty nice too. And I get why Klipsch is beloved by so many.

Anybody venture to guess what's under the black paint on the Chorus II's...strip,sand and stain...or reveneer?...love the woodgrain look...narrowed my possibilities to the Cornwalls...Chorus II...Forte II.....local Belle's ($1200) are no longer listed...but perhaps could reappear.
They'll either be oak or walnut, and may or may not have some minor imperfections under the paint. It's easy to tell which wood from the grain. Walnut will be almost smooth, and oak will still have a very pronounced grain.

Some here have refinished, and others a reveneer. A search will get you some pics.

Waiting for email response on the Cornwalls....4 hour drive coming soon I hope..if no response will pursue the Chorus II's and refinish...insisting on audition and hoping to land something soon.

Good luck with your deal, I don't think you will be disappointed. On more than one occasion I have driven 8-10 hours round trip to purchase speakers.

Back
Top Bottom