What was the last movie you watched?

Cat People (1982).

Excellent!

001_zps52564f41.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Love that opening David Bowie's tune! ...Crank it up! :cool:

I saw what I would call a sleeper last night. It put me to sleep...tadadum...TISHHhh...actually a good movie for one that was under the radar. "Cypher":

Cypher (also known as Brainstorm), is a 2002 science fiction thriller film starring Jeremy Northam and Lucy Liu. The film was written by Brian King and directed by Vincenzo Natali. The film was shown in limited release in theaters in the USA and Australia, and released on DVD on August 2, 2005.

Cyphermovieposter.jpg

Try it..you'll like it!

I still haven't seen the new True Grit yet. I'm sure it's a good movie. After all, the Coen brothers usually make some good stuff. It's just that I don't always take well to remakes. And being a big John Wayne fan, it'd be strange to watch True Grit without the Duke.

Watched another old western the other day. 'Ramrod' with Veronica Lake.

Last night we watched "Homefront" whose main character is done by Jason Statham. I was cracking up thru the whole movie because this guy sounds just like Popeye.

Lots of good violence, killing and mayhem in this but an overal story that keeps you interested.

James Franco plays a deranged Meth Cooker and also stars Kate Bossworth and Winona Ryder.

I still haven't seen the new True Grit yet. I'm sure it's a good movie. After all, the Coen brothers usually make some good stuff. It's just that I don't always take well to remakes. And being a big John Wayne fan, it'd be strange to watch True Grit without the Duke.

Watched another old western the other day. 'Ramrod' with Veronica Lake.
Whether it is worthwhile(or not) is in the eye of the beholder. I found it to be a different take. From what I can gather the remake is more faithful to the novel than the Duke's version. Thus, it is different. I found it to be similarly entertaining, however.

In my opinion; both versions rock. :thmbsp:

I still haven't seen the new True Grit (2010) yet. I'm sure it's a good movie. After all, the Coen brothers usually make some good stuff.
It's just that I don't always take well to remakes. And being a big John Wayne fan, it'd be strange to watch True Grit without the Duke.

Please, make an effort to watch it. ...And with a fresh view; even if it's a remake of that 1969's flick with the Duke.

- The 'Dude' (Jeff Bridges from 'The Big Lebowski') does an excellent 'Duke' performance under the Coens Brothers' very fine direction.

I believe that you are going to appreciate the pleasant experience. ...Sincerely.
...Strange perhaps (as remake goes), but quite satisfying nonetheless.

Last night we watched "Homefront" whose main character is done by Jason Statham.
I was cracking up thru the whole movie because this guy sounds just like Popeye.

Lol, very true.

Lots of good violence, killing and mayhem in this but an overall story that keeps you interested.

"Good violence, killing and mayhem" - Lol, that augurs well against/versus 'bad'. :D

James Franco plays a deranged Meth Cooker and also stars Kate Bosworth and Winona Ryder.

I like James (Franco), he's good @ being deranged, in few other flicks as well.
Winona too; as being 'deranged'. ...In few flicks, as well in real life. :D

Kate; she's normal. ...I think.

Saw Lucy over the weekend. Fun summertime action / sci-fi flick. Nothing original, but Scarlet Johansson and Morgan Freeman do a solid job.

I just watched two:

The Forger

the-forger-520x470.jpg

All Is Lost

CN_AllIsLost.jpg

The Forger is really a B grade movie, but I liked it.

All is lost reminded me so much of 'Gravity', but set in the Indian Ocean. I liked Gravity and I like this one also. Depending on one's point of view; either required watching if one is planning an extended trans-oceanic sailing journey or to be strictly avoided if one should be doing the same. :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom