Need help finding information about Fisher CA M700

madmalkav

I'm considering buying one of those to use mainly with some 600 ohms headphones. I'm looking for some user and service manuals or any other source of information about the characteristics of this particular model and some reviews and I can't find absolutely nothing, so any help finding information or opinions on this amp is appreciated.

When you do a search on this try searching under SANYO/FISHER or Sanyo Fisher.

EDIT: I googled SANYO FISHER CA M700 and got quite a few hits. This one from radiomuseum has basic info. Looks to be a 1/2way decent unit.

Manufacturer/Brand: Fisher Radio; New York (NY)

Year: 1984 Type: Audio Amplifier
Semiconductors (the count is only for transistors) Semiconductors present.
Principle Audio-Amplification
Wave bands - without
Details
Power type and voltage Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 220 Volt
Loudspeaker - This model requires external speaker(s).
Power out 110 W
from Radiomuseum.org Model: CA-M700 - Fisher Radio; New York NY
Material Metal case
Shape Book-shelf unit.
Dimensions (WHD) 335 x 107 x 265 mm / 13.2 x 4.2 x 10.4 inch
Notes Stereo-Verstärker mit 2 x 55 Watt Sinus und integriertem 5-Band-Equalizer.
Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg) 5.5 kg / 12 lb 1.8 oz (12.115 lb)

The amps are probably STK modules.

Last edited:
Yeah, I already found that. But barely nothing else. Some german or polish forum threads about good replacement for a transistor, or something like that -I don't read those languages-, and one guy selling the service manual in eBay for 11 euros -I paid 33 for the amp so don't feel like putting that money on the manual until it is unavoidable-.

Let's see what the open unit shows us when I get it :)

You may end up paying the 11 euro's for the manual. Pretty much anything post 1970 in FISHER is going to be "pay for". I've very rarely seen anything in manuals for any FISHER Gear on HiFi-Engine, Post 70'. And that includes Sanyo-Fisher.

Amp received. Speakers sounding good, but headphone jack have some background noise :( Dunno if there is something bad with the amp or it is just a bad amp/headphones match (Beyerdinamic DT-770 600 ohms). Gonna make some tests, any idea will be welcome.

Try wetting down the headphone plug or a Q-tip with contact cleaner and working it in the jack and hitting the contacts. Also clean the pot's and switches. After 28 years they are bound to be dirty.

Larry

Opening it to clean the pots, first thing I spotted is what to seems like some damage on the tracks. Should I try to fix it ? In that case, any link on how should I proceed? I'm used to do a little soldering but never repaired a track.

PS: repaired the tracks but nothing have changed, so I suppose they weren't that badly damaged. Headphone jack still have noise, like a radio sintonized in a blank channel, and the sound overall is not really pleasant, it is totally lacking live, and the bass is sloppy. Probably will end looking for some profesional in my area to take a look at it.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, the amp seems to works ok everywhere but in my home, where it have a really loud background hum. We think it is because of some BIG water pumping motors at like 100 meters of my home :/

Back
Top Bottom