Yamaha MX-M70

MoneyBird

Hi AudioKarma,

I just picked up some Yamaha MX-M70 and these solid state monoblock amps are amazing. Nice clean sound, very clear and effortless. I have them connected to my Boston Acoustics VR3 speakers and Im simply in heaven :)

Check out my system below and let me know what you think?

Attachments

• sound system.jpg
    sound system.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 85
Nice system. The amps were not high end but that does not mean they were bad. Yamaha made good sounding stuff for the buck back then. Enjoy!

There was a series of these M65 if I recall - but may have stretched to other bigger ones too - that had some design defect. Try looking it up and seeign if you can correct it. As I understand it its easier to correct it before it goes poof than after ...

Great sound BTW, they sound good on the yamaha NS series.

Cool.
srinath.

Does anyone know the current value of a Yamaha YP-450? And would these needle specs would be ok?

0.2mil X 0.8mil elleptical stylus
10hz -35000hz
output voltage 3mV
channel separation: 30db
tracking force:0.7-2 grams
mounting : 12.7mm or 1/2
channel balance:with 1db (1,000 Hz)

Attachments

• Yamaha YP450.jpg
    Yamaha YP450.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Excel cathridge, from what I understand. And I have some pictures!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 17
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 13
Holy lost highway Batman!... How many turns did this thread take?

To the OP, if your ears like them then they are awesome. Tell everyone else to suck it.

Yamaha has many more offerings further up the food chain that you are going to want to sample and compare. Cool looking setup though. Enjoy.

:D

70 watts is more than enough power with efficient speakers. Some people can't get their head around an amp being good if it isn't able to drive inefficient speakers to concert level.

70 watts is more than enough power with efficient speakers. Some people can't get their head around an amp being good if it isn't able to drive inefficient speakers to concert level.

Even with bridged B-6's. I doubt I ever crank it up beyond 5 watts. NS-1000's have a 90db sensitivity rating and to loud for me.

And how did you derive that conclusion from that thread? 70 watts with efficient speakers may be more than adequate to some.

They sell for ~$75 each... For the same $150 you could get a m-40 with more power and a class A mode.:thmbsp:

I couldn't find any distortion ratings or anything else on the mx-m70:no:

Even with bridged B-6's. I doubt I ever crank it up beyond 5 watts. NS-1000's have a 90db sensitivity rating and to loud for me.

Exactly. :thmbsp:

Two watts into my Cornwalls gets your attention pretty quick and with supreme clarity. Five watts into my CV E-715's in the garage gets the neighbors involved in discussing my insensitivity.:D

The source and speakers are going to have more influence over your sound in that setup than how many watts your amps are rated for. And have fun finding M-** anything amps for $150 that don't need major attention....

How can I tell how many watts is my amps using ?

I am assuming you are looking to see how many watts the amp is drawing, right?

- buy a cheap power usage meter and plug it in
or
- use an amp-meter to see what current are you drawing. multiply that with the source voltage and that will give you the wattage.

W=V x I

This will vary based on the load, of course (the resistance rating of your speakers and the volume of your music)

If you are looking to find out how many watts your amp is pushing to the speaker...

W = V2 / R (V to the 2nd power..; R is the resistance of the speaker)

I am assuming you are looking to see how many watts the amp is drawing, right?

- buy a cheap power usage meter and plug it in
or
- use an amp-meter to see what current are you drawing. multiply that with the source voltage and that will give you the wattage.

W=V x I

This will vary based on the load, of course (the resistance rating of your speakers and the volume of your music)

If you are looking to find out how many watts your amp is pushing to the speaker...

W = V2 / R (V to the 2nd power..; R is the resistance of the speaker)

Ok, Im going with cheap power usage meter :) How much would a amp meter go for ?

OK :) I need some opinions.. Ive barely hear of Carver. Now I found a power amp which is the Carver TFM-6C. Which one do you think is better?

Yamaha MX-M70 or Carver TFM-6C ?

Back
Top Bottom