PLS suggest a SUB to pair w/ LS50's

BeerCan

Tá mé ar meisce.
I would like to pair my LS50's with a nice sub. I tried it with an old Paradigm I had around and I can see where it will help the LS50's with certain music.

Why not use the paradigm you ask? It is to big for my room and I was never a big fan of this sub to begin with.

So I guess I am looking for a small(ish) sub that is very musical. I generally seem to prefer non ported subs. It would not need to get very loud, I just need it for a small bit of Ummmf. Room is pretty small and volume is usually pretty low.

Thanks

Rel T5

relt5.jpg

rel1-jpg.219535

718065-368x500.jpg

452330-365x500.jpg

I would agree on REL's, they are usually very easy to integrate into most systems. I have had a pair of the cheaper T3's, and they are very nice. Not the deepest sub around by any means, but do a very good job. Tim

Other "music" subwoofers to consider are a used Vandersteen or an ACI Force or Titan. I own both brands and they are excellent subs for music systems and not for HT.

Last edited:
I agree Art. I have had my pair for 14 years and they have been paired with at least 15 different pairs of speakers from high to low efficiency using both tubes and SS amplification.

That 2wq looks interesting. Hialeah is a little far from me for pickup but lets see what happens. I am afraid that with 3 8" drivers it might be a little to much for my small room.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I am checking into them all.

Back
Top Bottom