Line Magnetic LM 215 CD Player

Art K.

The Voodoo You Do!
Had this player in the setup for a couple of hours so far. Remarkable doesn't begin to do it justice. It's the least digital (by our stereotyped way of describing digital) sounding player I have heard. Absolutely delicious...and the build quality is stellar.

My dealer and I sat here and just laughed with each piece I played...and here's the kicker...it's playing in the living room with my AVR and Quad 11L Classics. Good though they may be this player had us fooled in to thinking we were listeining to the high end.

Truth is that this player, so far, doesn't sound digital or analog. It just sounds like music. That's love at first listen. More to follow and pics as well.

These are first impressions and at some point I will post more in depth observations.

014-15_zps156be0b4.jpg

018-11_zpsdf7e6e09.jpg

Hi Art, keep us posted. I love the understated looks. Does it use tubes?

Yes, it has a tube stage...not a tube buffer either. It is selectable, and I prefer it.

It's built like a tank, my pics really don't do it justice. It's a beautiful player.

Very nice. I'm interested in hearing your impressions. Do you know what the going price will be for these?

That's a nice price point. It could mean under $1K on the used market, though I doubt there will be a lot of supply. So Art, ya buying one?

So Art, ya buying one?

Yes.

There have only been 3 in the U.S. and one of those is in my living room. For someone waiting for a used one...well...good luck.:smoke:

As much as I love Rega (and I do) I am moving on. Heading to a different sound that includes some old familiar names and some new ones. This can be a fun hobby and right now I'm having a ball!

Hey Art, nice player, what is up with the Sonneteer Campion? Changes...yep, looks like some good ones. Keep those pics coming as things progress. Enjoy! Tim

At first when I read the thread title I was going to say "But Linn announced the death of the CD years ago!" And then I took a closer look. :)

I like the way it looks. Stylish but not over-the-top, and appears to mean business. It pleases me that you've finally found a great CD player you can live with!

Back
Top Bottom