sony ta=1150

joeytag60

picked up a sony ta-1150,on craigslist for 25.00,met the lady,said it belonged to her grandfather who was an audiophile,the unit was in mint pristine condition,so i pyed for it ,took it home yesterday.today i gave it a deox bath.hooked up my 40.00 mordant shorts and klh-900bs,put on my vintage sonny boy williamson album.......i cannot believe my ears.....i have never heard such clean and i mean clean perfect sound! i am shocked at this vintage 1973 amp.does anyone else have this amp? what are you thoughts?

Hey,
I picked one up a few weeks ago, along with a st5150 tuner, and both with wood cases. Payed a bit more than you, so good job there:thmbsp:. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at how much detail it has. For a 35wpc amp it has plenty of power and has handled all of my speakers with ease. I was a little hesitant on the slider volume control, but it grew on me after a while, and I actually like it now...something different. I'd definitely give it a good deoxit bath on all of the controls, as it helped immensely with mine (I actually bought it "not working", and this brought it back to life). DC bias needed adjusting, but I found a nice hard copy of the service manual (set to 25mv). DC offset is a little higher than I'd like, but nothing too worrisome. Good luck with it!

Other than the slider used for the volume control reviews are pretty solid for it. 35wpc DC amp, but it has pre-outs so you can add a bigger amp if you like. If the amp section is built anything like the TA-3200F power amp I have from the same product line its built like a tank. Nice find!

Sony's original ES line, the 1130/1150 are some very well built, good looking, and great sounding amps.

Back
Top Bottom