Modern Miracles Best Buy Sells 300 watt Receivers That weigh 5lbs

SO.....My wife has a hair dryer .....1500 watts and only 3 lbs
:scratch2: Wonder which one sounds better.

Nothing new. Car stereo manufacturers have been doing this for years.......

That's what I was thinking. I remember, back in the day, car stereo boosters about the size of a pack of cigarettes that put out hundreds of watts, according to the seller.

Peak power @ 50% distortion right before the speaker voice coil fries from massive DC current. Just a guess. :D

i have a Crown XLS 1000 Drive Core amp that weighs about 10 lbs and pushes 1100 bridged mono into 4 ohms

Pointless.
Seemingly Half the population here still bites down on a 20$ gold piece to test its validity (unaware that Ft Knox was sold off.. decades ago :)
I'd be more interested in the Price point of that 300watt receiver (Although who even buys a receiver anymore ?) as being far more pertinent than it's lack of weight,
once attributable to the solid Copper ingot required for power conversion

I guess I'm still leery of light amps. I remember when the Carver Cube came out. How light is was. And how bad it sounded. I know that was then and this is now but old habits die hard when your stuck in the past, like I am, and I like it.

how do you get any decent sound out of a featherweight amp. The young generation is being fed this load of hooey by the likes of future shop best buy and radioshack

Back
Top Bottom