Budget amps with 2 phono inputs

btgpdx

Hey all. I'm trying to find a receiver or amp with 2 phono ins. I know most of the monsters have them but I only really need 25-50 wpc. I know I could get a preamp and run into aux, but I've already maxed out my sx-750 with cd, tape, iPod.

The only one I've seen that fits the bill is kenwood kr-4600. I'd be happy with the Kenny I'm sure but I wanted to weigh options. Anyone know of others?

The 2 turntables are philips 312 with at cart and dual 604 with ortofan. I'll be running into either klh model 17 and/or NLAs.

Thanks!

I think the harman kardon 430 had two phono inputs. You can find them for around a $100ish. I know the 730 has two phono inputs.

I have an Onkyo A7090 you might consider a monster, but you can get them for a reasonable price. It has 3 phono inputs, 2 for MM and 1 for MC.

Sharp Optonica
Receiver
Model: 5602 (silver) or 5606 (black) 2 MM phono inputs

Integrated:
Model: SM-4545 1 MC and 1 MM phono inputs
Model" SM-4646H (silver) and SM-4646HB (black) 2 MM phono inputs

Although far from being budget amp/receivers, the Optonica can be had for budget price.

How about trying a rca A/V or audio input switcher from RS/The source to select a tt. While I may hesitate to use one on with a $1,000+ cartridge, I doubt it would have much effect on the SQ of most systems. I have used them in the past for other sources without any effect on SQ, but the low signal level of a phono cartridge may be different. Just a suggestion.

Or here is a Quite, Low distortion phono preamp with an aux input. http://www.phonopreamps.com/TC-753LCpp.html probably a better choice.

btgpdx--You may not be into tubes but my Scott 299C integrated amp has 2 phono inputs and the pre-amp circuit is a real joy. Has power to drive my KLH Model Fives to a "big" sound in my medium size living room.

Some more on the budget end.
Yamaha CA-400 has 2 phono inputs
Marantz PM-450
Sansui AU-555
Teac AS-M50
There are other Teacs around if you have one moving coil and one moving magnet (not real likely I know) such as the BX-300, 330, 500 and 550

Back
Top Bottom