Getting a KA-7150 relay to click

marc brown

AK Supporter
What does it mean when a KA-7150 won't come out of protection until you turn the volume up to 11 (o'clock).

I just got this new guy that I'm working on rebuilding. He's got no feet and his power cord was cut.
ypepasyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not at my shop where I can give you real specifics, but the culprit lies in the protection circuit, meaning you'll need to replace a few caps and that notoriously overworked Qe34. Right off the top of my head I can't remember the modern equivalent, and I think (?) the legs need to be crossed. (???) Don't quote me on that. There's one good post buried in here somewhere with lots of info from Echowars on just this very problem. Use the Google search.

If you don't have one already you'll need a good SM as the one in the AK database leaves a lot to be desired. Rick at www.stereomanuals.com has just what you need. They will be just as good as the original.

While I'm lacking specific help for you at the moment, PM me your address and I'll forward you a set of original feet and screws....just for the heck of it!:D

Thanks for the tip and getting me pointed in the right direction, OvaEasy. Also, thanks for the offer of the feet. I've got a bunch of spare 7100 parts but no feet. I might even have a spare Qe34 that I pulled from a donor 7100.

So I disconnected the preamp section of the 7150 and the protection relay clicks in.

Any tips on what to check next?
e6ememad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom