Yamaha Ax-700u issues

svtf1501999

My Yamaha Ax-700 is only putting out like 50% of the lows out of the right channel. I have done all the usual set up testing to see that is indeed the amp that is at fault. So far we have tested and/or replaced all of the transistors on the RH output as well as replaced two ECG 90/91's out of the right. Any other suggestions on where to look next. I am no engineer. Is it in the preamp section? Please help I love this thing. It's killing me to see it not at it's best.

The AX series seems to get no respect around here. I can't help with your technical problems but I share your admiration. I have a 900u that is a fabulous amp. Good luck.
Tom

Does the unit have pre-main jumpers? If so, have you swapped the left to right and right to left to determine if the problem follows the swap? Can you hook the amp to another source, and the pre to another amp?

Switched jumpers

"pre-main jumpers? If so, have you swapped the left to right" Yes I switched the jumpers no change. I think I have narrowed it down to the something in or with the "tone bypass" switch. This weekend I will start at the front and work my way back I guess. The AX-700 is an Integrated amp by the way. Any suggestions would still be appreciated.

Freaky thing is that you can plug the pre-out jumpers sideways. They are supposed to go vertical, completely in the face of precident. And that's not very friendly to the amp.

Don't think that's what's wrong with my 900U though... Pre section still works great, those Black Gates keep the noise floor below magma. :thmbsp: Direct bypass should be a required feature not a luxury...

There's one particularly hard to find fuse. :bash:

Back
Top Bottom