A-s2000 vs A-s1000 what difference?

There are a number of incremental differences between them, with the A-S2000 having upgraded parts where is matters. IMO that's what makes the A-S2000 better than the A-S1000.

The A-S2000 is a fully balanced design.

The A-S2000 has a better phono stage (the phono amplifier uses discrete components).

I think there's plenty of love (appreciation) for Yamaha on AK.

There are a number of incremental differences between them, with the A-S2000 having upgraded parts where is matters. IMO that's what makes the A-S2000 better than the A-S1000.

That's what I assume too but no one seems to know exactly what is different beyond vague assumption.

Incremental differences where it matters doesn't really say anything.

Last edited:
You could always buy one of each, dismantle and compare the internals.

Both service manuals are freely available and instead of having a go at people trying to help, you perhaps should go study the service manuals and educate yourself.

I guess if you like your "analog" amplifier to be running firmware and need a RS232 interface and WinXP to fix it, then these amps might be for you.

Personally, I think they are pretty to look at, reasonably well made, grossly overpriced and unlikely to last more than a quarter of the life of vintage Yamaha gear. They are riddled with surface mount components, lead free solder and stinkin' computers where there doesn't need to be a computer.

That's what I assume too but no one seems to know exactly what is different beyond vague assumption.

Incremental differences where it matters doesn't really say anything.

Back
Top Bottom