Yamaha cdx-1120

elahaie

Hi,

I have a Yamaha CDX-1120 in perfect shape, just a beauty! BUT, I have like a "clicking" on the left when playing from the headphone and in the amp (Also with the headphone) it's not really noticeable with the speakers (But, a couples of months ago my speakers where going crazing when playing a CD like a hum on a turntable)... Did that ring a bell for someone? I know the laser in them are pretty rare and I paid a fortune for it last year (Just by the look of the machine, I just couldn't resist)

Thanks.

Any one with a idea on this?

What I did today, I changed the speakers cables to make sure it's always the same side (LEFT) and I changed the RCA cables to another input (Tuner) and it's still doing it, I am afraid it's the laser maybe?

Not sure what you mean when you say you changed the RCA's to another input (tuner). Do you mean that you swapped the RCA's from the tuner to the CD player to see if the RCA's could be the problem?

It's unlikely be the RCAs if the headphone amp in the CD player also exhibits the problem- unless the left RCA is shorting the output... Unlug the RCAs and try through the headphone socket on the CD player and report back.

Hi, Sorry this is a old tread but this is what has been done so far:

- Replaced the muting transistors (which are known to fail) as well as the constant current transistor for pair of muting transistors after the 1st op amp. Unfortunately, this did not eliminated the "ticking" on the left channel.
- Replace the 5532S op amps.
- I just ordered the 16-pin DIP, YM3027

There is a ticking noise on the left channel and the right channel seems to be high volume compare to the left... Any idea? Anyone knows Yamaha CDX? After the YM3027 I will have to use a External DAC... Thanks to JB Lee he did all the work.

Not doing the problem with the Toslink Connection, so it's a analog problem. It does have the same problem with headphone...

Wish I could help. Beautiful machine.

I have a CDX-1100u that I adore, tho its a finicky beast.

I used to have the 1100u i sold it for the 1120 and all the problems! :)

But they are amazing machine it's the reason why i want to fix her.

Back
Top Bottom