Any modulus system owners want to help me out?

Russya

So I posted before how I got a modulus subwoofer for close to nothing but it needed the foam on the woofer replaced and I didn't have the crossover. Well, I had the woofer refoamed and I bought a crossover. Got it all together today and it doesn't work quite right. There's a slight constant white noise sound and the output from the sub varies more with the crossover freq knob than the volume. If i feed the crossover a 30hz tone and then just change the crossover freq knob, the level stays the same until 120hz and then starts to jump dramatically. Below that it's too quiet to be usable. The amp seems fine because after I pass 120hz on the crossover the 30hz tone come through quite loudly.

I just wonder if someone would be willing to send me a crossover they know works or let me send you mine and swap it into your modulus system and see if it's the crossover thats' the problem. I'll pay shipping both ways, I just want to know if this crossover is a dud or not.

No takers? If I can't figure out what the issue is(Sub itself or crossover) I'm just going to part it out.

Can you use the sub without crossover to check if the crossover is not ok? I think perhaps clean all the pots with deoxit?

I wouldn't give up on this sub, it's the most musical sub I've ever heard. Why not bring it to a tech for repair, with its original MSRP of $2000 it's well worth the expense. As for white noise, mine is completely silent when no signal is present.

I have a spare crossover that could be used for a test. Question, did you make the cable for connection between the woof and crossover, or did it come with? The cable needs to have the din connectors wired correctly obviously...
The settings for the dip switches and the schematic can be found online, but I forgot where now, it was awhile ago....
jonathan

It had no cable so I just used a standard midi cable I already had. Is the wiring on the cable different? I could get my multimeter out to check what it is now. If that's all it is I'd be super happy. I'll go check how the pins on the cable are wired right now with my multimeter to see if it isn't just straight through.

So I've confirmed that my cable is wired straight through pin to pin on both ends for all pins. So if anyone can tell me if the cable infinity shipped with the crossover is different that would be great. I have a hard time believing it is based on the fact that 1 of the pins is a trigger signal for the amp and that works fine, but I could be wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

sub cable

When I bought my Modulus system it came with a 5' din cable and worked fine. I wanted to try other locations for the sub so I bought a 25' midi cable( the same length that should have come with the system originally) but lost almost all the output! After discussing this with the forum members it was felt that I needed a cable like cat-5 with 5pin din connector should work. I searched quite a few cable companies and no one had such. It looked like it is a diy cable project.

My current cable is 5' but that may possibly be the issue. I'll see if I can't find a cable before I go shipping my crossover anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom