'Identical' CA-1010's, both recapped, but possible different output levels?

Yeah- I couldn't even get the button off with all of that glue on there. It's too bad it is glued so tightly on there. And now that you mention it, I'm probably not going to try to remove it as I think it would just cause further damage.

I'm thinking a couple of options:

-shave it down with a razor and repaint/ bondo...wonder how much a bodyshop would charge for this...probably too much!
-look on mouser for a cap/cover...
-epay for switches
-Any parts guys for Yamaha stuff on AK...I'll try bartertown

So unfortunately I still haven't fixed my right meter problem either! When connected and powered up, it pegs all the way to the right and stays there. And now the 'zero' point is off, so the needle doesn't rest at furthest position to the left as it should when powered off. Rests a couple of notches higher. Any suggestions for this one on where to start looking? (I can't read a schematic very well except for the basics- sorry- I am completely new to this, but I really appreciate your help.)

Pegged meter is almost surely a shorted transistor on the meter drive board. The last one I saw was due the the lamp holder bracket re-installed incorrectly and shorting to the board. The settle point is odd. Not sure if those have a zero adjustment screw or not.

Should be easy enough to find a dead short on the meter board. With the power off, start checking continuity between any three-legged transistor on the pad (solder) side. If it's the one I think it is, it can be replaced by a common SC2240. I'm on the road and don't have access to my schematics or notes or I would tell you the most likely one to check.
If you find one shorted (but also check the meter wires) you have to desolder the shield that's on the board to get access to it.

It hurts to see that button damaged! :tears:

The only thing I can add to the excellent advice of brutal is "good luck"! I hope you can get it fixed!

I might have found a similar button from a CR-620 on epay. It is about 1mm smaller on the face, but it could work.... (Item number 310151805854). I'd have to get the original mangled button off of the switch though

Back
Top Bottom