Bass guitars/favorites:

Here's mine - Squier VM J bass, and a Fender American Special P.

Other favorites of mine (will eventually acquire) are Fender American Deluxe/Select J bass, Rickenbacker 4003, and Gibson EB-0.

way back when...

I played bass in high school so it's been quite awhile but my most beloved bass was my fender precision with a fender jazz neck and painted on frets loved that axe but it too went in the fire:tears:

My brother and Brother-in law are both bass players. I know my Bro has an Alembic, a Steinberger and a fender precision. I think he's partial to his Guilds ( I think he has a pair of Japanese knock off Guilds too.

I play a Hagstrom. Swedish bass, 60's or early 70's vintage. It's got a LP shape, twin humbuckers, short scale. I love it! I couldn't believe it when I found it in a thrift shop. I think I paid $85 for it and I have a friend who says that comes to $1 per pound - it's heavy.

DSC_0468_zps3c4ac0b6.jpg

I bought my American Standard P-Bass new in '06. Great sounding bass and good looking too! :yes:

P-Bass1.jpg

100_0028.jpg

Hyfi,
Is that your collection?
BTW, you're a neighbor. If you're still playing maybe I can drag the Mrs out for some live music. (If they serve food there my chances are better).

Hyfi,
Is that your collection?
BTW, you're a neighbor. If you're still playing maybe I can drag the Mrs out for some live music. (If they serve food there my chances are better).

I wish that was my collection. Just a favorite pic.

I stopped playing years ago due to lack of time. Wish I could have continued.

Only (electric) bass I own is a '65 Fender Jazz model. It sits, unuseed, in its case @ my father's compound some 2,000 miles from me. But it's there.

I played for nigh on 50 yrs and have had a few short and long scale,fretless,hollow bodied,some 4/5/6 string,some 8 string some I don't remember,really and a STICK!.
70's PEAVEY DYNA-BASS
VOX 67 COUGAR BASS
FENDER 68/69 P & JAZZ BASS
60's BALDWIN BISON BASS
60's HAGSTROM
70's GIBSON SG
70's Rickenbacker

Last edited:
I saw a Hamer 12 string bass recently! I had to dance close to see what it was - my daughter thought I was trying to push her into the band I think. Boxy, did your Hag look anything like mine?

Just a black and white Mexican Fender Jazz Bass. You know, so I'm not afraid to bang it around a little.

I saw a Hamer 12 string bass recently! I had to dance close to see what it was - my daughter thought I was trying to push her into the band I think. Boxy, did your Hag look anything like mine?

I seem to recall one was very similar,I had 2 and the other one was very different:)

I don't consider myself to be a bassist. I'm 100% guitar but I keep a couple basses around just in case. I did play full time bass for two years in my high school jazz band. We had a very active jazz band that played at pep rallys, fund raisers etc.

I have a very solid bassist in the family. He has a band and he gigs another night or two per wee with other bands. I've thought taking a few lessons from him and getting more active again.

Japanese Fernandez Jazz Bass copy:

Korean Tradition 5-sting with active electronics:

For comfort..a Gibson EB-O...but for bouncy thump...a Fender P-Bass with Quarter Pounder p'ups.

Hey, that reminds me that I had an EB-0 and an EB-2, both traded away for a guitar or two, no doubt. Come to think of it I might have (permanently) lent the EB-2 to a musician friend. :scratch2:

If anybody runs across a EB3 with a Grateful Dead American beauty rose carved into it please let me know.

Current Bass: 2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

WyPLAkc.jpg

Dream Bass: 1978 Rickenbacker 4001

QBwewd5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom