Shipping Pioneer 1250?

FranklinS

Just bought a SX-1250 off Fleabay. Very concerned about shipping. Seller says that shipping is to be arranged through one of HIS shippers, either UPS or Fed-Ex. Wondering about this. I guess that he delivers to shipping store where they pack and ship and I pay through some arrangement with the shipper. Sent a message to seller.

Assuming this all goes OK, I AM concerned about the packing. Should I ask owner or shipper/packer to remove antennae? Are knobs removable on 1250 without a hex key. Any other directions I should request from owner or packer?

Thanks!

At least have him remove the tuner knob and pack it inside the unit (wrapped in a couple of paper towels). Need a 1.5mm Allen wrench.

I had a Onkyo TX-8500MkII sent to me from the seller's "Shipper". When it arrived at my home the box was round as if it had been rolled from California to Florida, where I live. The receiver had been wrapped in a couple layers of bubblewrap and thrown in a box with some styrofoam peanuts. I was lucky that it arrived in one piece. The seller did remove the tuner knob, but failed to tell me and it was thrown away with the box. I consider myself lucky, but I had an AM antennae broken and a number of crushed corners. I wish you luck, but DEMAND at least double boxing.

IME, heavy receivers ship best with medium density styrofoam sheets and large cell bubble wrap. (The hard construction grade styrofoam is no good.) My Fedex store ships with the right bubble wrap but they use peanuts which is sure to end in grief. At least the insurance claim will be no hassle...

If you're paying the packer/shipper make sure it's insured for the full monty including shipping- I'm betting the seller is off the hook if it arrives damaged.

Back
Top Bottom