Is a Marantz 2238B receiver worth 250$?

Yes, worth $250 if it's working and looks good. Probably more. The 2238B is a good example of the 22XX series.

I know that wood cases cost a lot of money, but for some reasons I personally like metal cases, not sure why, maybe because it looks more "manly" to me.
If condition is good, it worth $250 and then some.

That's what I have in my bedroom through some Baby Advents. Great amp with a classic look. My wife made me swap it instead of the 1060 I had in there because she liked the look of the 2238 more.

I know that wood cases cost a lot of money, but for some reasons I personally like metal cases, not sure why, maybe because it looks more "manly" to me.
If condition is good, it worth $250 and then some.

Wood and metal are both "manly" to me, but I think the wood case tends to distract from the metal beauty of the face plate.

Yeah the seller says it's nearly new and the pictures look good.

Well, it's no where near new.
More like 30+ years old.

They don't seem to be getting cheaper.
They are worth owning.
They are even worth restoring.

Wood and metal are both "manly" to me, but I think the wood case tends to distract from the metal beauty of the face plate.

Yes, I guess that's it. No destruction from the beauty of the face plate, especially after LED conversion.

All my speakers are natural wood, so metal Marantz is a good contrast.

I have had a couple and they sound exceptional. I have always loved the blue tuner scale lighting on that particular series.

I know I wouldn't pay anywhere near that amount for a stock lower tier 35+ year old 40 wpc marantz receiver:no: Gear like that and their inflated prices are obstacles to owning much better stuff.

Had one, beautiful lights and sound. Mine sold for $220 two years ago and was the most popular item on my table that day by far.

$250 is not crazy if it is clean and in good working condition. The 2245's sell in the $300 range and this is I think the next step below the 2245. The Marantz 22XX series is well sought by collectors so if you did not like the sound you should be able to get your money back.

Or to put things in another perspective you could buy 2 of those 2238's instead of 1 totl Kenwood 9600 with a wood case.:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom