Pioneer TX-8100 Tuner

R-2-R

Look what the Easter rabbit left at my house today! :banana:

A Pioneer TX-8100 in mint condition! :music:

Now just waiting for the lamps and bulbs to arrive for it, that I ordered from dgwojo, to replace them even though all are working I still want fresh replacements. Also notice that it does not have the original dial tuning knob but I already found an original one to replace it, so not a problem. Still not bad for $65.00 bucks and working like a charm!

P.S My apologies for the crappy pictures but then again, I never said I was a good photographer?

IMG_1067.jpg IMG_1064.jpg IMG_1065.jpg IMG_1066.jpg

Last edited:

Now just waiting for the lamps and bulbs to arrive for it, that I ordered from dgwojo, to replace them even though all are working I still want fresh replacements. Also notice that it does not have the original dial tuning knob but I already found an original one to replace it, so not a problem. Still not bad for $65.00 bucks and working like a charm!

P.S My apologies for the crappy pictures but then again, I never said I was a good photographer? :D
Nice find! I would love to snag a nice TX-8100 or 9100 someday. I have a TX-9800, which came along a few years later than yours and which I like a lot.

Enjoy that beautiful tuner!

Thanks montrecott,

Originally I wanted the TX-9100 for my tuner collection but when this, TX-8100, came along, in the condition that it was in and especially for the price, well I just couldn't pass it up. The TX-8100 & 9100 are basically the exact same with just a few minor differences, so I'm very satisfied to say the least. :D Oh, and yes I have already replaced the tuning knob with an original to match the rest as well as replaced all bulbs and lamps.

P.S My apologies for the crappy pictures but then again, I never said I was a good photographer? :D
Do you know what lamps you ordered from dgwojo ? I have just acquired the same tuner and need to replace the lamps as they are all out. Currently I am not able to get a service manual that is readable and the unit does not power on so I have some work to do.

Contact Dave he probably knows and can duplicate the order
I did just that, neither of us can read the service manual that is available on the net.for free. Dgwojo had everything figured out except the lamp for the dial pointer. He suggested that this maybe either 8v/50ma/3mm or 6.3v/65ma/3mm wire lead lamp. I have ordered an original service manual that will arrive in 5 days and then I can verify the lamps that are required. I happened upon this tuner for $30 and was told that it was dead. It shouldn't be that much work to get this up and running. The case is very nice and the face is flawless although it is missing the power switch lever cover.

It is on Njord Noatun's site so you do not have to wait for 5 days, it is 8V 50mA according the schematic

Being that the original post was posted 5 years ago I can't recall the specific value of the "dial pointers" lamp value but did look up the copy of the schematic for the 8100 (and yes it is of poor quality, needed magnification plus a hand held magnifier to confirm) and study the schematics lamp assembly section to confirm.

Yes as gslikker as suggested/mentioned the "dail pointers" lamp value is 8V 50mA

Glad you were able to get a quick response on this!

As for your "new to you" Pioneer TX-8100 keep us posted (along with pictures) of the progress or final restoration of it.

Also recently in the past I tried getting in contact with dgwojo but it appeared as though he's no longer in business?

But if you did get in contact with him could you please send me the website or email address, phone #, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom