My old pioneer stuff Out of Storage

synperkaya

First of all, I have been a lurker, but have never posted..but here we go..

In my current man Cave I use only my Pioneer Sx-3800 Receiver with Bose 901's, but my teenage son realized that I have a storage room full of vintage pioneer equipment and have convinced me to connect it all together again, like i used to have it in the 80's...My only problem is that its been years and I have downloaded many manuals trying to figure out the best way to connect..so if you have any suggestions feel free to make them..I would like to connect my SX-3800 Receiver, My Amp SA-9800, my RG2 dynamic processor, my Sr-303 Re-verb, My Equalizer, turntable and RT-909 Reel..is there any quick diagram to help?? can I connect my Receiver to my Amp without damage?? any help would be appreciated.

thanks

al

First, welcome to AK!

Second, it is very dangerous to connect two amps to one set of speakers. Just don't do it. There are ways, but it's complicated.

As for connecting the EQ, I would use the tape loop on the 3800.

The RT-909 would go in tape 2, return to the RTR for recording.

You pretty much can't damage anything mentioned EXCEPT the two amps by trial and error. Again, do NOT attempt hooking both amps to one set of speakers. It can be done, but you'd need some type of switching unit that you probably don't have.

Hopefully, others will chime in. Pics are always nice, too.

Enjoy AK. Great place.

Does your sx-3800 have any pre outs on the the back?That way you could use your receiver as a tuner and use your 9800 for power and switching.

As far as I know my Sx-3800 has pre-amp outputs that have a jumper..so do i use these to connect my SA 9800?? My main concern is destroying something due to the hookup..

as always thank you for your support..

Like Dave says - pre-out on the SX to aux-in on the SA. You'd only use the SX as a tuner (shame, as it's a really nice receiver) and the SA for everything else (all other components connect to SA)

Reverb and eq you'd pull the pre-out jumpers on the SA and connect the eq/reverb in the pre-out loop.

Don't lose the jumpers!

That's really nice equipment you've got there.

What speakers do you have? You have 4 strong channels of amplification and a preamp - an external active crossover would put you into a possible biamplified system. I am thinking down the road......

wow...I'm starting to see the connection picture now.. then what about my dynamic processor?? would I still have the function of it somewhere?? as for speakers, I also have 4 Bose 501's as well..I was thinking of changing out my pair of 901s to all four 501's after the correct connection was made....

again thanks for all of your help in this matter...as soon as I get home I will get photos together.

Back
Top Bottom